Beware of evil Leprechauns!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally St.Patrick's Day in the past was a day for me not only to get completely drunk but a reason to celebrate as well. Although I am no longer with my partner her father who is the grandfather of my child has his birthday on this day 17th March (I may be wrong but I think the Americans celebrate this day on the 15th or this year anyway!!). So although I am not of Irish decent it was/is always going to be a day of celebration for me. What I have come to realize this year is that although I have no inclination to drink whatsoever my idea of this holiday has completely changed. Gone are any thoughts of becoming a drunken idiot in the name of a saint and drinking in Irish pubs around Liverpool city centre. What has become clear on reflection is how much these types of 'holidays' where used in the past by me as an excuse to drink (and I mean DRINK!!). I'd of probably reflected upon this at Christmas but I was too depressed to even care!!!!lol, anyway, enough about that!!

I'm sure there will be plenty more posts/threads relating to this subject so to all those who are celebrating this holiday. BEWARE OF EVIL LEPRECHAUNS

The luck of the Irish to ya!!
    Hippie the leprechaun
    http://www.jibjab.com/sendables/prev...ifCoxqh2rQ2EMp
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Hippie, yes any excuse to DRINK heavily ........

Luckily we are past that now ........
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Oh yeah, St Patrick's day (March 17th always here) was always a big party--green beer and the works!! It's on a Monday this year, so that should help. I'm planning on buying some balloons and sending them up to Heaven for my mother (Patsy) who would have been 80 years old this year on 3-17. No green beer I don't think?!:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

green beer

Yuck, how many times I drank TONS of green beer, talk about a MAJOR hangy!!! Now it is not only St. Patrick's Day, but my wedding anniversary!! I have been AF in the past for both occaisions, not too hard when I remember the hangovers from all that beer, but still a little trying at times..............It will be day 29 for me too, I intend to stay AF for AT LEAST 30 days, so will try not to let the holiday impeed my progress...........

Thanks Hippie...............something more for me to reflect on:thanks:

Mary Anne:h
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Here's a link to the story. I thought it was very interesting. I'm part Irish and love the color green!

Saint patrick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nancy
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Yep.... i use any excuse.... dates in the calendar to celebrate....my parents use to drink on that day...my mum (irish) always made sure she would have her bottle of wine if not sherry on that day......feels like i carried on, from where they left of from.
            i use to in the past as well go with friends and go to the irish pubs in london (kilburn.)

Thank hippie for this post.. i will try and not drink on that day,
            and will look out for those evil lepechaun... never had the luck of the irish... maybe because i'm just half.

Love

Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

No beer, green or otherwise, for this German on St Paddy's day!
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Happy St Patricks Days.

BUMP!!!

lol ..... I said to myself i would not drink on St Patricks Day.....not realise the pope had change the date this year to the 15th this month, because the 17th, falls on holy week....so that means i did drink on St Patricks Day.:upset:

Anyway that will only give the irish... excuse to drink on the 15th and on the 17th... lol..:H

Happy St Patricks Day...and i'm not going to drink today.x

Love

Teardrop.x
                family is everything to me

Comment

I just realised the link I posted was not working!!

This is me anyway as one of dem evil leprechauns trying to get my fix of green beer!!!!

http://www.jibjab.com/sendables/prev...Lc3zmqFpkrTvr5

I thought I was right about the celebration of St.Patrick's Day being on the 15th!! Thanks for clearing that up teardrop!!
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                  X