Today? Tommorrow? When?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today? Tommorrow? When?

I mentioned here yesterday on a thread that I had also fallen off track and needed a kick up the backside. But I felt really optimistic that yesterday I would get back on track. On the way home from work I bought myself drink and said "I'll start tommorrow".

When does today or tommorrow ever come?

Sorry for the confusing post but I just need reassurance.

Today? Tommorrow? When?

It starts the day you don't pick up the first drink. I wake up each day and say "today I choose not to drink". There-my choice was made. You give yourself the permission to not drink and the permission to have a great day!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Today? Tommorrow? When?

Hi lotus,

I 've done the same thing since monday....:upset:

I remember once satori said in one of the thread...

Tomorrow.....never comes.....There is only NOW!
      I'm going to write this down so i dont forget.

Lets not drink today...Hope this helps.

Love

Teardrop.
      family is everything to me

Comment

Today? Tommorrow? When?

Hi lotus,

I 've done the same thing since monday....:upset:

I remember once satori said in one of the thread...

Tomorrow.....never comes.....There is only NOW!
        I'm going to write this down so i dont forget.

Lets not drink today...Hope this helps.

Love

Teardrop.
        family is everything to me

Comment

Today? Tommorrow? When?

Hello Lotus,

Like Teardrop pointed out, for many, an AF tomorrow never comes. It ends up being the same - day in and day out. AL is an addiction, addictions do not make plans for tomorrow and AL is only concerned with one thing and that is today, the now. "Drink me *now* it says!" "Go ahead stop and buy more of me it will feel soooo good!" "Forget about it, you can always worry about not drinking tomorrow, lets drink more today!" Not only is that a very vicious cycle to break, it is every bit more difficult to maintain.

The problem really never goes away either when after 5, 10, 20, 50 or more days of not drinking old AL doesn't seem so tough anymore and we feel quite good about our prospects of handling ourselves around AL. All those plans we made for not drinking tomorrow are now vulnerable to that temptation to drink just a little today and we all know where that will end up it always does. So IMO, the commitment to be AF today has to be strong, invincible for that matter so an AF tomorrow can come.

To be honest, I was so very surprised when I first heard that my good friend still attends AA twice a week even though he is AF for over 18 years. 25 days AF myself I now understand why.

Don't mean to be preachy just my $.02
          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
          Watch this and find out....
          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Today? Tommorrow? When?

Lotus;290082 wrote:
            When does today or tommorrow ever come?
            Hi Lotus
            IMO, when it comes to quitting, tomorrow is just another word for procrastination. We can only live in the here & now, so today is all we have. If we make the right choices today, tomorrow will take care of itself. Sometimes when it gets rough, I have to live minute by minute, because that's all I have the strength for. But that's okay.... those minutes will add up to another day by the time I rest my head on the pillow at night.... & then I can proudly say to myself "today I did not drink".
            AF 6 years
            NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Today? Tommorrow? When?

Post by FallenAngel
              IMO, when it comes to quitting, tomorrow is just another word for procrastination. We can only live in the here & now, so today is all we have. If we make the right choices today, tomorrow will take care of itself. Sometimes when it gets rough, I have to live minute by minute, because that's all I have the strength for. But that's okay.... those minutes will add up to another day by the time I rest my head on the pillow at night.... & then I can proudly say to myself "today I did not drink".
              What powerful words. I love it.

Lotus, just checking on you. You ok, hun? We are here.

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Today? Tommorrow? When?

hi there..lotus.. good luck for tomorrow. today and yesterday is gone
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                X