Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of pill container do you use for your meds/supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So true Noelle!!

Hart, thanks for the bump. I have been obsessing over this for a few days. :H I tend to fixate on these types of things when I embrace a new project/goal. Right now all of my supplements and meds are occupying pretty much the entire left side of my counter space and it's driving me nuts! I want to have them neatly organized so I can know what I need to take at 7 a.m., 10 a.m., 12.....etc. I am going to look for the mini zip baggies at AC Moore tomorrow but I'd also like to have a hard container with multiple compartments. I looked at the Container Store with no luck.....

Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks, Jess

Comment

Jess, I just ordered a bunch of supps and they finally came in the other day. 40 bottles (only 8 items, but 5 bottles of each). They are in the hamper sitting next to my computer cabinet.

Umm....does that suggestion help?

Love, Me
      :l

PS Vit company sent me a cute tiny little pill organizer that holds only 6 different types of pills, and with the size of these suckers, each little section could only hold 2-3 pills each. This was my "free gift". I was like....what the heck am I gonna do with this itsy little thing and the amount of items sent. LOL
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

questions.

I use an Altoid mint tin for meds, it fits nicely in my purse so i don't miss any doses.
        Can one use an ATM card to make purchases here? Its like a Visa..I hope so.

Comment

xtexan;290652 wrote: HI:

Interesting question. Being a Aerospace Engineering graduate, I sort of use the "astronaut" approach.

I have three pint size freezer zip lock bags named "Pack A", "Pack B",and "Pack C". Each contain little zip locks, the tiny ones I get at a hobby store for little jewelry pieces. (Also used by drug dealers for small amounts I believe).

Anyway, I put about 10 to 15 little bags of supps in each pint zip lock. Pack A is AM, Pack B is noon, and Pack C is evening. Also, in each pint zip is a 3 X 5 index card listing what is in the little bags. When I take the dose, I write the date and time on it.

I don't take everything, everyday like a robot though. I skip some days, and usually skip weekends to let my system "rest" from the constant barrage of pills.

Everything is reusable, and a card lasts about two months, and then I file the card in my fitness notebooks.

I can recharge the entire system in a matter of minutes, and saves a ton of time and hassle. I take little Dixie cups, and put the various pills in those very quickly from the bottles of supps. Then easy to pour the cups contents into the little bags.

When I get done, it looks like some sort of stuff like the astronauts have, which is where I got the idea. The packs go in my briefcase, and I never go anywhere without my briefcase, which I affectionately call the "football" after the prezs emergency war briefcase. It's a Swiss Army product, and can take a lot of punishment.

BTW, the "football" also contains portable hard drives, that contain pretty much the history of my life. Finances, all records, you name it. All encrypted, and protected. Grown up security blanket if you will.

Neil
          Neil,

Do you have a slide rule and a pocket protector as well? LOL, Holy crap you are the opposite of me!......which is probably a good thing.

Carry on Rocket Scientist

Myheart
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Thankful, you just made me smile. Apparently I'm not the only one without a "system".

I guess the Vit company was in an exceedingly generous mood when they sent you your "gift".

Thankful;291422 wrote: Jess, I just ordered a bunch of supps and they finally came in the other day. 40 bottles (only 8 items, but 5 bottles of each). They are in the hamper sitting next to my computer cabinet.

Umm....does that suggestion help?

Love, Me
            :l

PS Vit company sent me a cute tiny little pill organizer that holds only 6 different types of pills, and with the size of these suckers, each little section could only hold 2-3 pills each. This was my "free gift". I was like....what the heck am I gonna do with this itsy little thing and the amount of items sent. LOL

Comment

Xtexan, I wanted to let you know that you have inspired me! I am going to try your system. I am not terribly organized so I'm not sure how well I'm going to be able to keep with the noting on the index cards, etc., but I'm gonna try! Today I went to Michael's and bought 200 of the little bags for jewelry (and drug dealers) and I made up a bunch of baggies for AM, lunch, and dinner. Then I plan to put them into the pint baggies as you mentioned. I love it!!! I especially love the idea of the note card because I'm having trouble remembering if I took everything I needed to today. In particular I'm always forgetting if I already took my Zoloft, or if I took a supplement instead? Hopefully this will help. I really need to organize myself because on top of the supplements, I'm on Zoloft, bc pills (although why, I have no idea at this point), and Campral.

Anyway, thanks for the idea. I feel very prepared with my Astronaut Kit!

--Jess

xtexan;290652 wrote: HI:

Interesting question. Being a Aerospace Engineering graduate, I sort of use the "astronaut" approach.

I have three pint size freezer zip lock bags named "Pack A", "Pack B",and "Pack C". Each contain little zip locks, the tiny ones I get at a hobby store for little jewelry pieces. (Also used by drug dealers for small amounts I believe).

Anyway, I put about 10 to 15 little bags of supps in each pint zip lock. Pack A is AM, Pack B is noon, and Pack C is evening. Also, in each pint zip is a 3 X 5 index card listing what is in the little bags. When I take the dose, I write the date and time on it.

I don't take everything, everyday like a robot though. I skip some days, and usually skip weekends to let my system "rest" from the constant barrage of pills.

Everything is reusable, and a card lasts about two months, and then I file the card in my fitness notebooks.

I can recharge the entire system in a matter of minutes, and saves a ton of time and hassle. I take little Dixie cups, and put the various pills in those very quickly from the bottles of supps. Then easy to pour the cups contents into the little bags.

When I get done, it looks like some sort of stuff like the astronauts have, which is where I got the idea. The packs go in my briefcase, and I never go anywhere without my briefcase, which I affectionately call the "football" after the prezs emergency war briefcase. It's a Swiss Army product, and can take a lot of punishment.

BTW, the "football" also contains portable hard drives, that contain pretty much the history of my life. Finances, all records, you name it. All encrypted, and protected. Grown up security blanket if you will.

Neil

Comment

Working...
              X