Fast check in for Cindi and Pooh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you guys okay? Still on the wagon? I hope so.

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Stress levels are rising, but I'm not feeling sorry for myself another day. That alone is an improvement.

Still depressed (had a nice long chat with Lookingforhope), and I feel better on that front. Normal? Never.

Anyway, just wanted to see how you two were doing and say hi to everyone. I'm still "free". Sh** I'm tired of this constant worrying!

I'll check back tonight when I return from work. Take care, everyone.

Hi Shik just wanted to say hello and to congratulate you for not beating yourself up. yep, look forward to nothing but improvement.

be well

Trixie
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Shik,

Still AF and just got my script for Antabuse in.

I can't get it until Monday but at least I know it is "on the way."

I really do want to get this damn monkey off my back and my shrink thought that it was a fabulous idea. His only concern is I may decide to not take it when I want to drink, so he gave me a script for Revia (Naltrexone) at the same time. He said "double whammy."

I like my shrink. He is a good guy. A really good guy.

He told me 44 out of 50 of us alcoholics will die from alcohol related death if we don't quit drinking. Cr*p. I don't want to die. I have a good life, a good husband, beautiful children and even more beautiful grandchildren. I have a good job and I love what I do for a living.
      Death would be cruel at this point.

I am so grateful my counselor suggested this doctor. He is caring, stern, helpful and understanding all in one package. I thank God for this "break."

Love,
      Cindi

Shik - You can do it, girl!! You can!! You just have to WANT to do it more than you want the buzz. I know, been there done that..
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello Shik thank you for asking about us - that is very sweet of you. No I did not stay on the wagon unfortunantly and I am not liking myself very much at the moment. I know that only I can change this horrible way that I am living and no matter how much my family wants it, I have to want it even more. I am making plans and I intend to follow through with them. Like Cindi said I too would love to get this damn monkey off my back. I am going to try and get some supps today from the vitamin store and what I can't find there I will order from here.

Good for you Cindi for staying AF and I am so glad that you found a good doctor to start seeing. I called almost every shrink on the list from preferred providers for my insurance company and all I was getting was voicemail but I was determined to not stop until I got somewhere. I prefer a woman but at this point I would take a male if that's the only option. I did finally get somewhere, one place I called I was told they ARE accepting new patients and she took down some of my information and said someone would be in contact with me either today or Monday. I am feeling hopeful. I am also planning an AA meeting tonight.

WE CAN DO THIS JUST REMEMBER THAT

I will check back in with you all later as I am at work right now - hope your friday is full of some happiness and peace - as that is something we ALL so richly deserve.

Hugs,

Pbear
        when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

I'm glad to hear that, Pooh, and congratulations to Cindi... man! LOL!

Yes, we will beat this monkey off our backs... one way or another.

I'm remaining POSITIVE!

Thanks for checking in too, Trix

I'll be back later (at work right now)

Comment

44 out of 50 alcoholics (or practicing alcoholics) will die, Cindi? HOLY SHIT BATMAN! That is a statistic that scares the crap out of me and hopefully others to put that drink down....!

Comment

Accountable for Me;291040 wrote: 44 out of 50 alcoholics (or practicing alcoholics) will die, Cindi? HOLY SHIT BATMAN! That is a statistic that scares the crap out of me and hopefully others to put that drink down....!
              I'm afraid of that too, Accountable... what's scarier is thinking about just "giving in" and saying the heck with it, but I know we have to keep trying.

We have to remain optimistic and positive, even when we "fall". I'm planning to recover over the weekend. This week has been hell, but I can try again next week, right?

Something "weird" happened last night, but I'll tell you guys about it in a bit... (at work).

Comment

Moving up

because

Comment

Good friday night

I had a good night last night, hubby wanted to take me on a date. We started out at dinner then were going to take in a movie until some friends called and said they were planning to take in a comedy show did we want to join??? So we said sure - it was sooooo freaking funny, I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt - don't ask which ones :H.

Although I didnt stay totally AF like I wanted to yesterday (every table there had a drink on it) I only had 2 DRINKS!!!!!!!! That is unusual for me, and I took 2 hrs to drink them. Wow does that equate to drinking like a normal person? Anyway I don't know if I contribute that to the supps I started taking yesterday, but I do know that I felt good about myself, didn't get drunk and make an arse of myself AND I remembered the show and could enjoy it.

Hope saturday finds you both well - check in and let me know how you are doing - have a great sober free weekend

Pbear
                  when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

I had a sleep night because of the meds.

I am doing great today after reducing the dosage. Not a woozy, silly girl today. Just a little slow.

Really excited about Monday!!

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

poohbear;291737 wrote: I had a good night last night, hubby wanted to take me on a date. We started out at dinner then were going to take in a movie until some friends called and said they were planning to take in a comedy show did we want to join??? So we said sure - it was sooooo freaking funny, I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt - don't ask which ones :H.

Although I didnt stay totally AF like I wanted to yesterday (every table there had a drink on it) I only had 2 DRINKS!!!!!!!! That is unusual for me, and I took 2 hrs to drink them. Wow does that equate to drinking like a normal person? Anyway I don't know if I contribute that to the supps I started taking yesterday, but I do know that I felt good about myself, didn't get drunk and make an arse of myself AND I remembered the show and could enjoy it.

Hope saturday finds you both well - check in and let me know how you are doing - have a great sober free weekend

Pbear
                      Way to go, my girl! Yes! That's sounds "normal" to me!

What do they say at the stripclubs and at bars where you use your credit card? Two drink minimum... try a two drink MAXIMUM! That's what you had.

The bartender left mad!

Very proud of you...

Comment

cindi;291758 wrote: I had a sleep night because of the meds.

I am doing great today after reducing the dosage. Not a woozy, silly girl today. Just a little slow.

Really excited about Monday!!

Love,
                        Cindi
                        St. Patty's DAY! All drinks on... that's right, we're not DRINKING! :H

Glad you're feeling less "loosy goosy" today, Cindi

Comment

Working...
                        X