Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens with the devil is stronger than the angel

Morning All,
    I had a real head experience last night the first really bad out in 40 days of being af.

It took me all night until i feel asleep from mental exhaustion to kill the devil. Constant back and forth back and forth for a good 5 hours. Felt like i was going insane!

Im pleased to report this morning that the angel won and i feel i have jump another hurdle to strength and success. Thanks to everyone on chat last night that helped me through it couldnt have done it without you!!! x
    I am the author of my life.

Looking,

I am so glad that your angel's strength won out. Go Angels!!!!

Miso

Comment

Looking, I'm so glad you got some help in chat last night.

Wtg! So happy for you right now. Stay strong!

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hi Looking. You don't know me from Adam but I want to congratulate you on your 40 days AF, and also applaud you big time for making it through a rough time and coming out on the side of the angel. This truly is battle.

It doesn't happen this way for everyone - but for me, I learned the hard way what experimenting with "just one drink" can do. For me...it led to a 6 month period of only about 7 AF days. Maybe it wouldn't have ended up that way for you, but why risk it??? You made a great choice!!!!!!!

I look forward to getting to know you better and racking up some AF days = full days of living again too.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Looking- congratulations! I bet that devil does not show up tonight. He will go where he actually can get someone to fuck up. Glad it is not you! Well done!

Comment

awesome keep it up and i know what you mean about having a hard time sleeping myself trying to get off this sleep aid stuff . didnt go to sleep last night untill 2:30am . so today i work like a dog and aim going to try to not take the sleep aid again to night wish me luck
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Yay to the Winner

Morning looking, :goodjob: The angel won but mostly that angel is you. Big pat on the back for you. You are the winner. Love from Aunty Vic

Comment

Good work.
                And I love your signature "I am the author of my own life."
                I've been making the same strides with that one.
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Way to go : )
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

soo happy for you look, keep up

Comment

Looking,

Wow. How awesome.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Looking, your post made me realize that I am not fighting enough to be as successful as you are. Thank you, my friend.

love, su

Comment

Looking... fantastic!

Sometimes it's the battle itself that the problem. The more strength you give to the battle the stonger it gets. If I see that I am in the midst of that back and forth, that constant should I-shouldn't I, then I know I need to get out of the way of my mind. It means my mind is spinning and that never leads anywhere good - even if I win, I am exhaused.. The longer we stay in that mode the more strength it gains, the more likely we are to lose the battle.

So next time you see you are in the middle of the battle, recognize it is only a battle of the mind, one you can stop. If you can't stop it, then distract it, like a small child. Do something.. go for a walk, go to a movie, do something that takes your mind completely away from where you are. it's OK, it doesn't mean you are ignoring the problem, we know we have a problem. But if you are spinning you can stop the spinning. Then when you are out of the spin cycle you will see more clearly and will be more able to just say "no".

There is a difference between fighting and batteling. We are fighting this everyday. We don't need to sit in a battle for 5 hours.. does that make sense?

Namaste,

MM
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Working...
                          X