Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Unhelpful Thoughts

Hippie, love it, love it, love it.

Johnc - going to check out my local library for the book.

Lx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Give it a go tea its good

Comment

Hi Hippie,
        Just came across your thread.
        I think (there I go again with that thinking thing) that I must be queen of the NATs.
        As my background is psychology and I work with people trying to help them be positive about their lives and careers, this is somewhat ironic isn't it?
        The course you are doing sounds good - please post any other information you come across that could be useful.
        Best wishes,
        Bandit
        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Hippie, this is a great topic and really good information. A book that I have found extremely helpful is
          The Feeling Good Handbook by David D. Ross MD. It uses the cognitive thinking model. There are even great exercices in this book that can help to guide you through the process of changing your thought patterns.

XX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hippie...I am also the queen of negative thinking. Thank you for this thread.
            love,
            K
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I know, without the shadow of a doubt that negative thinking and depression were strong symptoms of my alcohol consumption. Without alcohol in my life for more than 70 days now, I find that I also attract more positive people in my life.

KH
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi Hippie,

Just like to say thankyou for sharing this with us...on my 1to1 session last week and this week i had to do a Emotion diary... found it hard to do...eg.. think before you drink what your thinking write down, before you take that drink and the feeling and then the emotion side of it. (but i know i need to work at this.)
                Not good at expressing myself or writing things down. (sorry if this does not make sense.)

Anyway she photocopy me this chapter to read out of a book...use your emotions rather than worry about them. The name came up Tom Borkovec (psychologist) just wanted to know if you read any of his books? he does sound interesting.

Love

Teardrop.x
                family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
                X