Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Sunday

Today's thought is:

The old law of "an eye for an eye" leaves everybody blind.
    --Martin Luther King, Jr.

An essential aid to following the path of the inner voice is practicing forgiveness. Resentment comes from the Latin word resentir - to feel over and over again. By repeatedly re-experiencing the old resentments, we are less apt to hear our intuition, which exists only in the present.

When Jean married, she had not completed her unfinished business with her father. Consequently, she projected her old resentments onto her husband. Her desire to love him was distorted by the hurt and anger from the past. This is why it is said that until we complete our source relationships, we are never truly in another relationship.

Forgiving can also help you take back your power. As long as you believe that someone else's actions are the cause of your present difficulties, you are powerless to change. Letting go of blame allows you to take responsibility for your life.

All this adds up to a single point. Forgiveness is an act of self-kindness. It liberates your life force. It completes the past. Choose now to heal your old unfinished business. It is time to let go of the pain. Place your hurt on an altar and surrender it to God. Set your self and others free.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Today's Thought - Sunday

I love this thread Noelle! I began the day with resentment as I cleaned up hubby's kitchen mess, etc. Realized that resentment has always given me an excuse to drink. I know it's detrimental to the soul as well but I do struggle with it. Good point to ponder, for me especially.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Today's Thought - Sunday

:thanks: Very true.

Greeneyes, I catch myself LOUDLY cleaning up Hubby's kitchen mess sometimes when I get home late @ night after work...when he's in bed...
      He's gotten better about that...

( I shoudn't have just posted that,... I probably just set myself up for major dissapointment... LOL)
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Today's Thought - Sunday

Thanks Noelle, that made an impact on me today.

Lxx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
        X