Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The benefits of being AF

BB,

Keep this feeling and hold on to it with all your might!

Myheart
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Best to you

BB

Sending you double blessings!!

Liv
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Getting to know myself (oh who is this person?) and giving my family back the wife and mother that they so richly deserve. Now that's just the tip of the ice berg, could think of so many more but I don't think there is room enough to do that - :h

hugs,

Pbear
        when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Starting to feel like the person I once was, cleaning my house, baking, crocheting...so much else. AL steals so much from us and yet I still feel his/her pull.

Comment

The benefits of being AF

To wake up with my insides smiling and staying that way all day.

Lx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Doofus Downer here - I'm 41 days AF and I don't really feel all that much better. Lots of things have been better. But I still wake up feeling ick, I'm tired all the time, I have hardly any motivation. I still feel fuzzy, sorta like a hangover. I don't even come here that much. Oh great, now I have tears on my cheeks. Maybe I'll feel better after the dr. appt. tomorrow when he tells me the blood results and hopefully that I've still got liver and kidney funciton. I don't know.... shit, it sucks.

Sorry I'm such a downer......
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Noelle, you are not a downer at all. I too went through that last week but you know something - it passed.......... yahoo, I feel great all over again. Hope you feel better soon Noelle.

Lx

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Noelle, hope that you get the results that you want ...

It's almost midnight here and I am going to bed stone cold sober ..

Prob won't sleep but i'm feeling really good ........

'See' you all tomorrow .......
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

The benefits of being AF

dolly I am just learning how to crotchet (sp?) my mother in law is trying to teach me, I do believe I might be domestically challenged although I am proud of my attempt at crotcheting. I really want to make a baby blanket for a friend of mine - I have 6 months to do it - ohhh it's the thought that counts right??? OK will keep at it as I am determined to make it happen. Again I soooooo could not do this if I was drinking.

Hugs,

Pbear
                    when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

The benefits of being AF

BB...hope you can come back here tomorrow and report not how much sleep you didn't get, but how much better you feel waking up not drinking the night before. That in itself is worth it!

:h
                      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Nite nite Boops

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Hi Boop!

There are loads of benefits to being AF. Everyone has mentioned some of them.

I'm domestically challenged, so my home is only a bit cleaner and more organized. My greatest happiness is that I took off the last 20 of the 30 pounds that I gained almost 8 years ago, and I weigh just a few pounds more than I did when I was 27. Sweet!

Noelle, it took me quite a while to feel better, definitely much longer than 41 days. I don't want to bring you down, but hang in there. You WILL feel better. Also, are you somewhat depressed now that you've stopped drinking? Stopping can bring up a lot of underlying issues. It did for me.

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Good Morning all .......

Didn't sleep much but yes I feel bright and bubbly and strangely enough a bit exited ........

Will check in later after work .........
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Morning all, feeling just like you BB, yahoo another day............... gorgeous.

Lx

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Good Morning everybody
                                Lately I've been having some wine on Wednesday, Friday as well as Saturday. I feel that I need a break from alcohol too... I'm in with you guys.. Today is day 2 for me also Boopster Yesterday was a wash, because I overdid it on Saturday, but today I'm feeling great. Slept well and will again tonight !
                                Noelle, I hope that your Doctors appoinment goes well.. Please keep us posted. I sent you a hug in a PM, did you get it? xxx
                                Hope that everybody is enjoying a sober St. Paddys day... I think I'll brew some green tea .
                                Lovin this thread Boopster !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                                X