Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAthlete Hit 9 months AF!

AA-

Just saw in a thread you hit 9 months sobriety yesterday!
    Congrats!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Way to go AAthlete! I think that's a red biscuit for you! :goodjob:
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

WOW!!! :bow:bow I can't even imagine how proud you must feel. Great job!

Do you ever reflect back on where you were to now? If so care to share? I would love to hear the story of the new you.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

AA - that is AMAZING! I sure miss you around here but glad you have been popping in lately. You must be feeling really great!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Congratulations AA!!! I want to be where you are!!

On a silly note, every time I think of a 9 month milestone, I want to ask "when do we get to see the baby..."

Anyway, GOOD FOR YOU! :yougo:

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AAthlete, well done, you are an inspiration .........

Be very proud ..........
            sigpicXXX

Comment

AA buddy you rock. Hope everything is good with the family.

Sammys

Comment

YAY!!!
                :wave:
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

wow! AAth, I remember when you first joined us. Brilliant work! share your secret!!!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats AAthlete!!! WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob:

WW xx

Comment

hi there ..AA..awesome way to go .keep it up
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I'm so gosh darn proud of you AA !!! Congratulations !!!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

update would be awesome!

A Huge congratulations! I was just pondering this morning what it will feel like to be 9 months as a Non Drinker - as the only other time I've had any success not drinking was 10 years ago I did not drink for 8 1/2 months. I must have thought I could moderate. I won't make that mistake again. Fool me once ....

I would love to hear and update on your current thoughts being 9 months down this road. I really would. Congrats again

Liv
                          76 days Free of AL
                          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Wow Breeze (and everyone else) - thanks for thinking of me! Of course, that is what we do around here, right? No sage words of advice, as we each have our own way out of this addiction. I do reflect back on where I came from, and try to stay humble about my success.

When I was out there drinking, it consumed me and that is pretty much all I thought about. I was a weekend binge drinker, but even during the week when I wasn't drinking I was simply waiting for Friday night to roll around so that I could get started. I would also dread Monday because I knew how hard it was going to be to get up and go to work feeling like total hell.

It's funny - I always used to think that I was fooling everybody about my drinking. I look back at it now and realize how naive I was. Yep, it's absolutely normal to fall asleep in the middle of the floor and wake up at 2am looking for something else to drink. It's absolutely normal to chug a bottle of wine, refill it with water, stuff the work back in, then glue the top back on. It was absolutely normal to wake watch the clock every half hour on Sunday morning until 11am rolled around, because then I could "go to the store" and pick up my first drink of the day.

It was truly an obsession, and I sometimes can't believe that I don't have a desire anymore to drink. I can go to parties, the liquor store for others, etc. and not have the compulsion to drink. I wish that I could take credit for it, but I can't. As most of you probably now, In addition to MWO I also joined AA, and did undergo the physic change that I needed to in order to turn it over to my Higher Power. I am by no means a 'bible thumper' (no offense intended to anyone who is), but it showed me a way to not be so wrapped up in myself, to let go of all the little things in my life that would eat me up inside, to learn how to express my emotions.

I truly believe that just as I could not have done this without AA, I could also not have done it without the wonderful people here. I have learned and shared so much with so many people here, and I would like to believe that I have become much more open and honest because of it. I have a peace and contentment in my life that I didn't believe was possible....

Anyway, enough of my ramblings! Thanks to all of you for your kind words, and I wish you much success on each of your continued journey (whether you are striving for AF or Mods).

AAthlete
                            (Nine Months + 1 Day Sober)
                            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

AAthlete ~ thank you so much for sharing that. I really appreciate it. I can only hope that someday I can stand in your shoes.

Love, Me
                              :l
                              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X