• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAthlete Hit 9 months AF!

9 Months! Amazing!! :goodjob:
    where does this go?

Comment

Congratulations, AAthlete! You are sounding so good, and nine months is a great accomplishment. It's really awesome. I'm glad you are getting something great from AA, too. You sound happy, content and peaceful.

All the best to you..

:l :l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

It's funny - I always used to think that I was fooling everybody about my drinking. I look back at it now and realize how naive I was. Yep, it's absolutely normal to fall asleep in the middle of the floor and wake up at 2am looking for something else to drink. It's absolutely normal to chug a bottle of wine, refill it with water, stuff the work back in, then glue the top back on. It was absolutely normal to wake watch the clock every half hour on Sunday morning until 11am rolled around, because then I could "go to the store" and pick up my first drink of the day.
        This was so true of my own drinking habits and although I would always swear blind I was going to replace the bottle before I got found out I never did. I may of bought it to replace, but I always drank the new bottle as well!!. The worst part was when we had friends over and my (then) partner went to crack open a bottle of vodka (AARRRGHH!!!) all the time knowing it was 95% water!! It was a complete nerve killer. YEAH! I even used to think just leaving a dreg in the bottom would suffice also. It's so good these days not to be living like that and having the constant worry hanging over me of being found out.

AA great news on 9 months sober!! You must of decided to quit drinking properly around the same time as me then, early June!. I'm just over 2 and a half months sober again after my lapse at Christmas but I think a lot of the ground work has been completed. I do take a lot of principles from AA myself and although I don't do the meetings or have a sponsor I have found AA to be very helpful in my own recovery and living sober is becoming gradually easier for me too.

Love and Happiness (and again well done on 9 months sober)
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Congrats on the 9 months! It's always good to hear about people who have gone that long and read how they feel so much better!
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Congratulations AA Athelete!
            September 23, 2011

Comment

Congratulations on 9 months, that's fantastic!
              AF 6 years
              NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Working...
              X