What I'm Going To Do For ME Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be a positive vibe going on just now which is great. I would like to do one thing every day (at least) that is just for me.... this could be a job around the house I have been putting off, a treat, try a new recipe.. anything in fact that will make the 'list' going round my head smaller.

Today I am going to :

Go through my computer and organise my Word documents into neat files.

Lxx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Hey Tea,
    Yep good idea for a thread...I am going go AF again today.....then tomorrow when I don't have a hangover I will be able to do more things for me ......than I can do today.
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Great idea! I am going to paint my smiley toenails a bright spring color!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Yeah I have to admit I have been very unproductive myself as far as tasks go. slipping a bit into my old ways of spending long hours on forums and the internet and not getting things done. I think i'll go out and buy those extra large underpants I so desperately need!!!

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I am going out and pick up my Antabuse today!!

Then I am going to have a horribly fattening lunch at some restaurant, come home and have a conf call with my client.

Oh well. At least I am going to do TWO things for myself today!!

Love to all,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Great thread Tea!

1.I'm going to spend some time outdoors in my daughter's new garden.
            She and her boys are at Disney World this week..

2.I'm going to make her a "Bunny " cake for her birthday this weekend. Her 1st birthday cake was a Bunny cake. Awwwwwww!

3. I'm NOT going to let my hubby's bad mood make me want to have some wine! He is a major trigger...(

:hNancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

For myself today I will stay on this site as long as I wish, and do my mounds of laundry.....later!:H
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I am going to the doctor for the first time in five years. I haven't gone since my divorce because the a##hole wrote me a presription to continue smoking because if I did not quit, I would then feel like a complete failure because that would be on top of the divoce.

I am going to finish getting this damn tar off the concrete--even if it kills me!!!

I am not going to drink today!!!
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

In reality, this is one of my biggest problems. I don't do "me" stuff; I always feel gulity when I am taking time for just me or to get something that is just "me" oriented taken care of. I wonder why that is, seriously. But, as I said , it is a big issue for me. So I guess I better start working on it!
                  I'll let you know how it works out.
                  BHOG
                  War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I am going to the gym. then I am making a salad with the the chicken I roasted last night.
                    I am very excited about this.

it's almost spring guys, do you feel the joy?

flowers will be blooming soon

and the warmth of the sun is slowly making it's way back
                    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

same here.

its all about ME....see around this week, maybe? will be busy as a bee! must keep mask on until the wrinkles get smoothed out. :H

Comment

For everyone who is saying that they have trouble doing "me" things, it's vital for aging well. Now that you aren't spending your nights practicing your 8 oz curls perhaps it's time to take up something at the adult ed location near you. You'll make friends and learn something new. If it isn't your joy, find something else!

My father in law was a guy who didn't really do anything besides work. He didn't read, or like movies, or have any hobbies and no close friends. When he developed parkinson's his doctor begged him to become more active physically and mentally - he didn't want to, and his decline was rapid. It made me so sad, because all that the doctor was asking him to do was have fun!

use it or lose it, as they say

my problem is the other - i have too many hobbies and ideas for things I'd like to do that I have trouble finishing anything!
                        The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
                        Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

Hi Cat!
                          Love your avatar! Reminds me of the
                          looks my cat gives me!:H

Comment

GREAT THREAD!

hmmm.. THe day is almost over, butnever too late. I think I will light some candles around my house tonight... that always cheers me up!
                            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Okay, It's Tuesday. Today I am going to smile at five strangers (going to town today) just to see if they smile back at me.

Lxx
                              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
                              X