Suggestions for going AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for going AF

It was so long ago that I joined that I don't remember how I went AF. I didn't do it for the suggested month and I was on Topa (But I can't tolerate it) I did really great. But it has crept up on me. Anyway I want to go AF for a while but I think I have been drinking more than I realize. After my post the other day about detox and withdrawl I started thinking...even though I am not drunk, over the course of the day/night I probably am drinking enough to cause harmful withdrawl symptoms. Any suggestions on backing down?
    Ususally that I woul think is very hard. B?C if you are drinking a lot than you don't want to stop after the first one.
    TIA
    Twinsmommy
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Suggestions for going AF

Hey Twinsmommy,
    I stopped yesterday and I would have been drinking at least a bottle and 1/2 wine every day with the odd bottle of beer thrown in.
    I have been lucky, I have not had withdrawal symptoms - in fact I felt ok last night with nothing and even better today. First clear head I have had in a while.
    I have gone AF for stints up to 30 days before.
    It is always the first night - just getting on the wagon I find difficult.
    I am not taking Topa (yet), but have tripled the amount of Kudzu I am taking (yes it is from the MWO store).
    You could try cutting down gradually, but, like you say, after the first one, your resolve weakens and so on.
    Perhaps you could mix in some glasses of water between drinks,...or just plain stop and see how you feel. Or you could go to the doctor??
    Let us know what you decide to do,....and wishing you well.
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Suggestions for going AF

HI twins and amelia, I too was up to a bottle and half and woke up sunday morning with an urge to be AF, started taking all the supps including the all one and have not had a single urge (yet)!!!

All the best twinsmommy keep us posted ......
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Suggestions for going AF

TM,

Withdrawal can be serious business and should not be left to chance. Only your own doctor can tell you for sure what is best for you.

That aside, I know all too well the feeling of what just one drink does to you and hence my own need to stay away. Hang out here and you will find answers and support for your own efforts at recovery. Good luck and be well.
        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
        Watch this and find out....
        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Working...
        X