FEARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEARS

hi there.. everyone..i would love to have more input on this subject .
    so iam just going to keep being this up . what i am trying to do is really understand and what i have to look for when in a situation. so keep on keeping on and stay sober
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

FEARS

CaptJBean;294013 wrote: i fear ripple
      i don't believe Ripple is still available! :H

Comment

FEARS

AL makes me feel "WHOLE" without AL I feel inferior. Why? I have no idea. My brain tells me I am the same but some really really stupid voice tells me I am not. I had a friend that I was stationed in Guam with come over tonight to drop her daughter off for spring break (she lives 2 hours away now) I love her and she loves me. So why did I add vodka to my Crystal Light all night. Of course I couldn't enjoy it because I was paranoid that my husband knew. Right now I am in bed writing this and he is asleep. He didn't yell at me so I don't think he knew..........that doesn't make me feel better.
        :hCheryl

Comment

FEARS

Ok, I can put two sides to this .......

When I first joined here I was scared of a life without AL, scared of the panic attacks that AL cured, scared of the lack of sleep that AL took away, scared of feeling ill without AL ......

Now I am scared that if I have AL, he will give me panic attacks, stop me from sleeping because I have guilt and anxiety, and he will make me feel ill ..........

AL makes you lose things, forget things, you look bad, you smell bad, ..............
          sigpicXXX

Comment

FEARS

Nancy, I too enjoyed Allen Carr's book, which dispelled many myths and fears. There is a big emotional difference between quitting because you are afraid that.... and quitting because that is the choice you want to make.

I sometimes wonder if people will question my beverage choice in social situations. But I think some of them had already noticed that I was drinking more than most. My answer will be, "I just got tired of it" or something like that. So once we recognize fears, we can deal with them. The old, "nothing to fear but fear itself" routine.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

FEARS

I fear not being able to say 'no thanks, I've had enough' to a drink.
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

FEARS

good morning to all and good afternoon and good evening where ever you might be
                enjoy your day.. thank you for your replys so anyone else.please
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

FEARS

I truly fear the legacy of my drinking in the future for my sons.
                  Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                  Watch this and find out....
                  http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

FEARS

I think we all fear what others will say when we don't drink anymore. That worried me for a long time.
                    what to say...what to do...but now I realize that I don't give a damn what other people think. (caring to much about what people thought of me was one of the reasons I drank)..So my outlook on this is,
                    I do not owe anyone an explanation as to why I stopped drinking, unless it is something that I care to share with them...the only person I owe anything to is myself and my self respect. I am not being selfish
                    by saying this, but this is my time now. feeling good about myself is the most important thing.

Comment

FEARS

I don't fear never drinking again. As a matter of fact I embrace the thought of being sober for the rest of my life and hold on to it as hard as I can.

What really scares the bejazus out of me is what would happen if I had another drink now.
                      A F F L..
                      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

FEARS

irishlady;294878 wrote:
                        What really scares the bejazus out of me is what would happen if I had another drink now.

same here..
                        :h

Comment

FEARS

When I look over my shoulder, and see how far I have come, how much better the world is, and how much better my life is, my biggest fear is relapse!
                          Stay Strong!
                          BHOG
                          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

FEARS

I fear being bored.... and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I have told myself that that makes no sense, but that's the feeling that makes me pour a drink.

Why can't I go home after work (in the afternoon) and just have a cup of tea, talk to my kids, do a load of laundry, etc.? Why do I have to secretly pour that "afterwork drink" ... Why can't I sit in the evening with my husband and just watch Survivor or whatever withOUT a drink by my side? Would it really be so boring that I couldn't handle it? And what if it WAS boring - why is that so bad??

And why am I afraid to go ahead and experiment without a drink... to find out if (a) it would feel boring, and (b) how I would handle it, being sober?

Those are the "fears" that go on in my twisted mind. How can you truly know that something makes no sense, but still feel it and react to it anyway? If I could just get my head around that, I'd be flying.
                            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

FEARS

Well this one will take a few days of thought. I have used alcohol to relax daily for the past 5 years. I was a teetotaler for more than 20 years but for the last 5 I have been a daily drinker. I have used alcohol to numb out the stuff I didn't want to face at home. I have used alcohol to enhance social situations. Love that buzz. Worked for a while and now it turns on me more than I want it to. So I suppose one thing I'm afraid of is not finding a way to relax that is as enjoyable as the wine. The big thing I'm most afraid of is facing how I really feel about my life, the changes I have to make at home, having the guts to do it, and facing a future totally different than the one I envisioned for the past 20 plus years.

The thing I really fear the most is that I will talk myself out of quitting and that I will tell myself that I can handle it again and take the chance of completely ruining my life and my career with booze.

Comment

FEARS

42cat, maybe it's because when you drink and watch Survivor, for instance, AL makes something easy like that an EVENT. It's not just watching TV, it's something "special". Does that make any sense? Now that I think about it, that's what it meant to me. In fact, that worked for just about anything. AL is "supposed" to make things like a celebration. But then AL has to go and ruin it......AL sucks, doesn't he?

BTW, I love watching Survivor....who do you think will be the next to get voted off?
                                Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                                X