Have to go AF that's it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story, Patty, and very uplifting. I can only imagine how you must have felt when your baby, the baby you have BIRTH to, confronted you.

Comment

Patty, what a fantastic post.....inspirational and from the heart from one mum to another.
      Thank you.
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thank you for sharing that Patty. Your story could almost be mine, except my kids are much younger and my drinking started when they were toddlers. Now I have stopped and I can see how much better a mother I am and although I reproach myself everyday for the "lost" time, I also look forward to many years with the children as the "real" me. I don't think they are old enough to understand what happened, but they are old enough to notice a difference.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Patty, as a now sober mum reading your post, I have to say that letting go of the guilt of being a drinking mum on auto-pilot is all part of the healing process. It no longer matters what we did yesterday. All that truly matters is what we do with TODAY and ALL OUR KIDS` TOMORROWS..........

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Starlight Impress;296054 wrote: Patty, as a now sober mum reading your post, I have to say that letting go of the guilt of being a drinking mum on auto-pilot is all part of the healing process. It no longer matters what we did yesterday. All that truly matters is what we do with TODAY and ALL OUR KIDS` TOMORROWS..........

Much love,

Starlight Impress x
            Very true... can't change the past. Live for today and plan for tomorrow... nice to see you, Ms. Star :l

Comment

Working...
            X