First Day of Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day of Spring

Well, it's the first day of spring here in the 'Burgh and it's snowing!! What's up with that? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The first year we lived here, it snowed in May! Shocking! Fall and winter are my favorite seasons but the winter was too long this year.

I'm trying to think of something to do this Spring that's new, different for me and exciting. Although I still don't have a lot of motivation yet, I'm thinking I might plant some flowers. Can you believe I've never planted any in my whole life? Anyway, I'm also thinking some tomatoes would be good. They'd give me something to do AND eat! :H

So what are y'all planning for this Spring? Anything new?
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

First Day of Spring

Hey!!!!! I didn't post this TWICE!!!! CodeMonkey!! This is all your fault!! I do not need any help looking stupid!! I can do it by myself!! :H
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

First Day of Spring

Oh yes! You should plant flowers with lots of colors, tomatoes and chinese peas. I am going t o get back on my bicycle and ride, sally, ride.:whee:
      sigpic

Comment

First Day of Spring

hmm my plan, well i started going to pyhsio therapy gym doing ciruit training 2 times a week, but i have added more to it so i go to gym at least 5 times a week, plus ive started horse riding with daughter. maybe soon i will go on another day for hacks.

also ive been referred to a dietician, so i guess will be working on meal plans and healthy food ect.

mainly this spring is to work on myself, and i guess is housework. these are long term plans not just for may.

good on u for thinking about gardening.

Comment

First Day of Spring

My plan for Spring is to SMILE.... I am going to stop, think, smile.... especially when I don't want to........

Lx
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

First Day of Spring

I saw some robins, and every morning this week there is a cacophony of chirping, so I know it's coming. Nothing green is emerging yet.

Noelle I LOVE to garden and play in the dirt. And I grow a lot of tomatoes every year. We love the big beefsteak variety but they take a long time to turn red. Two years ago I started putting a grape or cherry tomato vine in a container with some annual flowers. The vining nature lent itself beautifully to the container, hundreds of little yellow flowers, then reddening small fruit mixed in a fabulous way with the bigger flowers. And I only cut back the vines a little so they weren't sprawled all over the ground. Also - even with water restrictions you are allowed to water your food crops (tricky ain't I?)
            The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
            Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

First Day of Spring

I shall have to move my earth boxes and herb containers because of destructo doggie.

Hulagirl, I have 2 bicycles - a road bike and a mountain bike. I hope to be riding this year. Must check the tires for dry rot first.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

First Day of Spring

You are sooooo right Noelle! Winter has been way too long! I am ready for spring. There is alot to do at my house as this will be the first summer we have lived here. Last summer is just a blurr. Didn't do anything - except handle details of the fire.

I love to garden! Our new house was professionally landscaped - supposedly, but mainly just around the house and walkways. There is plenty to do! My hub and I disagree all the time. If it were up to him we would have acres of grass. To me, if there is grass, then there is room for more landscape beds.

I have always had a pond, so I hope to get around to putting in another one at this house, and then moving the fish from the pond on our old lot to their new home. There are also lots of perennials, flowering bushes, etc. that need to be transferred from the old to the new.

Noelle - good luck with your gardening! I find it really fulfilling and great exercise.

When I left for work this morning, there were 7 deer grazing the field about 50 yards south of my house. Beautiful! They just stood there and looked at me, like, "What are you doing in our neighborhood?!" :H

Have a wonderful first day of spring, all!

:h Best
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

First Day of Spring

Noelle, and all others!
                  Good first day of spring to each and every one of you! But it is snowing here now..supposed to turn back to rain then clear up!
                  First sign of spring in Utah...the orange barrels all over the roads with detour signs pointing this way and that.
                  What will I do this spring? Bike a lot! we like to do 150 miles each week. RV a great deal, love going out in the desert and geocaching spending evenings under the stars with Mrs. BHOG!
                  I grow roses, no veggies or anything like that. I love the spring/summer/fall, when the roses are in bllom. I go cut a fresh one each day and put it beside her pillow when I take in the morning coffee.
                  Stay Strong!
                  BHOG
                  War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

First Day of Spring

:flower:Wow, you guys are giving me major spring fever!!! Good to see so many fellow gardeners out there!! I'm anxious to play in the dirt also! Love the tomatoes, peppers, green beans (sorry greenie) zucchini, onions, okra, pumpkins.....I have a big garden, but would LOVE a greenhouse so could have some of the good veggies longer!! Also looking forward to getting the camper out, and yes, planting some flowers. Alas that will be awhile, it will still be freezing at night for quite awhile!
                    You have given me something to think about....Hmm....something new and exciting. I'll let you know later if I think of something. How about NOT drinking a 12 pack and smoking too many ciggies after working outside????
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

First Day of Spring

Hi Noelle and everyone, Lilies are great, especially asiatic. Sorry, I have a bit of Topa dopa going on.... please bear with me. I planted a variety of light pink asiatic lilies several years ago in bunches and they lived and multiplied for years. The dry weather got them last year, but for several years, I literally had to use several five gallon buckets to put them in, and they smell great too. They are lighter than stargazers, but stargazers are nice too. Just plant them in bunches or stake them so you have some support so they don't topple over if you have a lot of wind. You can get them at Lowe's or Walmart.
                      Failure is not falling down; it is remaining where you have fallen.

Comment

First Day of Spring

Hello Noelle and all you wonderful people, yes finally SPRING! :h

Make Lamb for Easter dinner party, give up ice cream and candy bars, start walking to circulate much needed blood to the brain and stay away from wine and vodka. :H

Like Noelles Avatar=NO 2 LIQUOR!
                        :thanks: isn't that the truth.

Happy Spring
                        has arrived. Time for some new big girl pants
                        ..next size up! thats okay..they say when you quit alcohol you gain weight....yup.

Comment

First Day of Spring

Happy Spring Everyone! It's snowing hard here in the Northeast but, not to worry. I have a greenhouse (hence the name) and have started many veggies and flowers. Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cosmos, Zinnia, Marigold, Leek, and many others have started to sprout. The trays get brought inside at night because the greenhouse isn't heated. Can't wait to put the little plants in the soil! I love to garden! Glad to see there are so many others here with the same passion.
                          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

First Day of Spring

what to do this spring? going fishing...you know, I live on beautiful lake and every day I always said that
                            after work I would take the boat out and just relax and fish...didn't happen...would start drinking "to relax" and the boat stayed at dock...NOW....to hell with the drinking...will be sitting on the boat relaxing.
                            amazing how many good times we have missed by thinking we just had to sit down and drink to relax.
                            all have a good day

Comment

First Day of Spring

Happy Spring to you all. Snow in the NE? not here....Mid Atlantic...sunny and windy!
                              I love to garden and have already been playing in the dirt, my new plant this year...kinda of embarrassed... for I have never grown them....and um....they are my FAVORITE......the strawberry!!!! I am so excited, I am putting them in some soil this weekend and am so lookin' forward to their juicy love!
                              As to staying AF, endorphins, endorphins,and some more endorphins! I'll take 'em anyway I can get 'em...I will also bask in the sun and soak up Vitamin D!!
                              flyin'

Comment

Working...
                              X