Straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight

Thanks guys wise words as usuall Maasai ( I'm fine tea thanks for the concern) I think straight has moved on and so should I hence Ive changed this message .Some one mentioned allan carrs book giving up alcohol what are his basic ideas or suggestions is the book worth purchasing?

Thanks
    Danny

Straight

Are you okay Danny? What is APB?

Lxx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Straight

hie, danny, no matter the situation, no matter the dissappointments we get they will all come to pass, all problems are not problems but challenges to streagthen our lives.

Comment

Straight

APB = All Points Bulletin Dannybehan is looking for Straightlines. I'd like to know too!
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Straight

Are you okay? Mysterious note...

Comment

Straight

I read his book ,it was good but I still drink.I think it depends on how much your prepared to take his programme on board. I would love to go to one of his one to one sessions where he guarentees success or your money back but you cant get this over here yet! Good luck with it all Danny.

Comment

Straight

Hi Danny, glad you are okay-ish. Just a thought but why don't you try to borrow the book from your local library, I have just rediscovered the library after spending loads of pounds on books from Amazon etc, then if you find that one is not for you then there are loads more to choose from. Just a thought.

Lx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Straight

Hi Limers and tea

Tea Ok- ish:H you read me well thats why i am reluctant to post i spook people Im hopless sober or under the influence everything comes out wrong. And thank you for the libary suggestion. Thanks also Limers for the response. I am curious about other approaches, more tools in the kit bag so to speak RJ has been the best so far even though I'm still battling I have managed 20 and 10 day patches al free. Only her programme has helped me do that. Thanks guys you are too kind.

All the best
                Danny

Comment

Straight

I tried a website called www.downyourdrink.org.uk once ,they have an online programme and I managed a whole 6 weeks on that. Maybe itd be worth having a look at ?

Comment

Straight

danny thank u for ur support
                    youve got mine always
                    strength. hope your way
                    jay

Comment

Straight

Tell her Ripple misses her too. She will really like to hear I care. Hope she is well. :h

Comment

Straight

Thanks limers I will check that link out hope you are doing well you always respond to my posts and i am greatful for that thanks and hugs

lots of love Danny

Comment

Straight

hi danny behan be patient , this thing takes a while to beat. it's not as easy as just saying 'ok I am not drinking anymore' or 'that is it, I am moderating from now on'.

It takes a lot of effort and will. having a toolkit helps a lot.

took me almost a year to be able to moderate and I still slip here and there.

T
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Straight

Hi Everyone,

There is a website: wqd.netwarriors.org/

This is based on Alan Carr's philosophies. There are also, "We Quit Drinking" meetings in most large cities. You can research it on Google. It is definately a "non-12 step program" type of approach.

Who knows, different things work for different people.

Take care,

:h Best
                            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                            X