Addicted to the BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addicted to the BBC

Not sure where to post this thread. It's not about alcohol! But I'm in a posting mood today and so...

These are the BBC shows I am addicted to:
    -Midsommer Murders (John Nettles aka Inspector Barnaby is my ideal father figure!)
    -Inspector Lynley Mysteries
    -Monarch of the Glen (Richard Briers is too funny)
    -The Good Life (Again, Richard Briers. I can't wait til they release more of his stuff on Netflix)
    -Father Ted (irreverent towards religion but not in a mean way)
    -Ballykissangel (very sweet)
    -The Last Detective
    -Black Books (off the wall, funniest show I've ever seen)

Addicted to the BBC

I meant to add that if anyone has any other recommendations, I'd love to hear them since I'm running out of episodes!

Comment

Addicted to the BBC

I love Hotel Babylon!

I also rely on BBC for news. Especially World News.
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Addicted to the BBC

Michael Palin has a new series where he's traveling around Eastern europe. Its pretty interesting as they're places we never hear about, like Romania. Its a BBC production though here its on Canadian TV.

One of the best things I've seen lately is "Breaking Bad" which is an AMC production and is now over for the season. Pretty intense but great TV.

Also I love the Anthony Bourdain "No Reservations" shows.

Someone told me Jericho has gotten really good.

Oh, and "Big Love" has potential.

Unfortunately it seems there's not too much great stuff on TV these days ... I'm not into the reality shows!

Comment

Addicted to the BBC

okay my turn...

* I love the Anthony Bourdain "No Reservations" :h

SLOT MACHINES

Comment

Addicted to the BBC

He's funny, huh? Have you read any of his books? I lived in NYC in the late 80's/early 90's and I knew so many guys like him (20 years ago I would have thought him yummy), so I can forgive his pretentions. But it seems like he's really growing as a person and I love his commentary.

Comment

Addicted to the BBC

I love, "Are you being served" also, "Keeping up Appearances" Good stuff!

:h Best
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
              X