Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if someone just doesn't want to stop drinking??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My s/o can drink as much as me if not more daily and not have the w/d symptoms I do. He thinks there is something wrong with me b/c I have the sweats and insomnia. I at times hate him b/c I try so hard to be AL free and he can let it go any night and sleep like a baby while I walk the floors and mop at 4 am.

Comment

interesting...

I'm with Noelle here. Especially women when they reach meno. seem to be affected greatly by alcohol, i know it did me. Since alcoholism is PROGRESSIVE sooner or later a person will show signs of disease. :h

Comment

I agree with everyone here. don't get me wrong, the people I am talking about do say that they drink more than most and that probably it could be considered a problem.

they just don't see it as that. one of them jokes and says, for me it's just maintenance a few beers here and there, some food, sleep etc. etc.

I know that for me it's nice to have the 2 or 3 glasses every few days, sometimes 4 but I can't go past that. It truly feels disgusting after that.
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

RE:

you are correct trixie~there are many (lucky ones) who can drink away and be fine...my brother drinks like a fishy, gets up and drives like 100 miles to fricken work every day? no one can figure it out?

i believe stresses in life add to alcohol becoming a problem, whether it be work, home, relationships or just problems in general. These things push us to do things we should not. :h

Therefore, for me having a husabnd who is a lot of work i cannot have alcohol as i say things that make him mad. I say things still sober, but he uses my drinking as a means to get away with his selfish attitude. he may get DUI tonite...if he does, he can stay there.

Comment

Prest4time;295835 wrote: This whole topic is very interesting to me. I too from what I have observed from the women here and those I've observed personally, do not seem to hold it together on average the way men do. There are exceptions to everything, but obviously women are physically weaker and more fragile, so I think poison of any kind will hit harder on a weaker vessel. (Understand I'm only talking about physically weaker...) Also, I think most women here agree (we've had threads about this in the past) that our hormones are like dumping gasoline on the fire. We are not steady Eddie all month!

It is odd I think that some people seem to drink on a daily, or almost daily basis and yet function as if they were drinking water. For me personally, I felt pretty invincible in my twenties and even early thirties. Now I feel and see the effects of my body beginning to age, and I worry about every little thing and wonder if alcohol has somehow played a part
            That's where I'm at too, Prest... right there with you. I agree with your entire post.

Comment

Ripple;295855 wrote: you are correct trixie~there are many (lucky ones) who can drink away and be fine...my brother drinks like a fishy, gets up and drives like 100 miles to fricken work every day? no one can figure it out?

i believe stresses in life add to alcohol becoming a problem, whether it be work, home, relationships or just problems in general. These things push us to do things we should not. :h

Therefore, for me having a husabnd who is a lot of work i cannot have alcohol as i say things that make him mad. I say things still sober, but he uses my drinking as a means to get away with his selfish attitude. he may get DUI tonite...if he does, he can stay there.
              I noticed during my 15 days of AF that my personality was still the same. You're right, though. When you spout or spew while intoxicated, it's used against you. It's not like your opinions change when sober.

Your husband was drunk last night?

Comment

yup.

whiskey balls just came home, flopped into bed and the room stinks so bad a fly would die. i may as well stay up cuz he is gonna go to work come back home AGAIN eat my food and then go BACK to sleep and then I can sleep with out whiskey STINKIE..

Comment

Yuk Ripple,
                  I hate the 'stinkie' when I am AF........just plain awful.
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

AMELIA;295929 wrote: Yuk Ripple,
                    I hate the 'stinkie' when I am AF........just plain awful.
                    yup the stench is nothing to go near. :upset:

Comment

Ripple;295925 wrote: whiskey balls just came home, flopped into bed and the room stinks so bad a fly would die. i may as well stay up cuz he is gonna go to work come back home AGAIN eat my food and then go BACK to sleep and then I can sleep with out whiskey STINKIE..
                      Whiskey balls? LOL!

At least he made it home! That's the good news

Whiskey stinkie... I so agree. When I used to overdo, I couldn't stand the way I smelled the next morning... ugh. And the way I looked? YIKES!

Comment

Back to the women VS men thing, the addiction therapist says alcohol is much worse on women because our bodies are programmed for childbearing. We have little pockes of fat and the toxins hang out there. Men don't retain the toxins like women do. So they just sit there and age us. (the toxins, not the men, well maybe both :H)
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Ripple, I'm checking in with my laptop, lazily staying in bed next to my sleepy rum balls.... and I spot your new avatar. OMG, I cracked up and woke him up... what is that dog's name? :H :H

My brother is 45, fyi.

Great discussion here.... the good thing about being sober and giving someone a piece of your mind, is that you have the peace of mind knowing what you really said! (I'm guilty of drunk speeches... telling someone what I feel, and NOT knowing what I said the next day.... quite embarrassing when I don't remember...)

Fortunately, my Mr. Rum Balls still loves me. :l

Patty
                          Tampa, FL

Comment

Ok whiskey balls is freaking hysterical. Rum balls too. I'm with you all now when I speak my mind about anything it gets turned around on my drinking. Sometimes you can't win!

Comment

Dolly Sunshine;296018 wrote: Ok whiskey balls is freaking hysterical. Rum balls too. I'm with you all now when I speak my mind about anything it gets turned around on my drinking. Sometimes you can't win!
                              Yea, it seems every time you open your mouth to offer a dissenting opinion, "Oh, you must be drunk!" or something else insulting.

Comment

Maybe persons who have had some type of trauma or are constantly under stress, are more likely to get ill from drinking.
                                It always seems that the more neurotic a person is, the more likely that they develop addictions and stress related disorders.
                                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                                X