RELAX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RELAX!

Could everybody just calm down? I don't know it is the full moon or what, but geez. Let's lighten up. Take a bubble bath, sit by the fire, sit outside, do deep breathing, meditate, go for a walk, do some yoga, something other that this stuff that is hitting this board. I'm going to go play with the dog.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

RELAX!

I thought you meant the "Frankie Goes to Hollywood" song
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

RELAX!

I must be missing something, but I will go and read a book now.
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

RELAX!

Missing something too.... thought we were all friends ............

Lxx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

RELAX!

We are. I just thought I perceived some snarkiness. I guess I'm a little over sensitive at the moment.
          sigpic

Comment

RELAX!

If it's directed towards me yes I was snarky. Sorry but I don't think that just because someone is on here posting that we can't say what we think. I have been for a walk, played with both my dogs and still stand behind what I said.

Comment

RELAX!

What's bugging you Dolly? I must have missed that thread.

Lx

Comment

RELAX!

Dolly, it wasn't you. It was just a general feeling I had there for a bit. Probably me projecting my own stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

RELAX!

The DUI thread. And nothing is bugging me.

Comment

RELAX!

I like the word "snarky".... I picture a shark with a stubby nose trying to eat little fish....

Dolly, I don't think this thread was directed towards you... and everyone has a right to their own opinions. We don't need to attack each other personally though, because once that happens, any advice that follows is thrown out the window. As my mom used to say, "Fight Nice!" :h

Take care, and don't make this your last post, okay? We need everyone here.... some people need gentle guidance, but sometimes, gentle guidance is merely ignored....
                    ... and when that happens, Miss Dolly is here to insert a firmly guided boot where the sun don't shine.... :H

Much love,
                    Patty

Patty
                    Tampa, FL

Comment

RELAX!

Good, let's hold hands......... all together now.

Green, I didn't think you were referring to one particular person, the jist I got from your thread was the site in general.

lxx

Comment

RELAX!

greeneyes;296137 wrote: Dolly, it wasn't you. It was just a general feeling I had there for a bit. Probably me projecting my own stuff.
                        Well sometimes alcoholism isn't sunshine and happiness. I just get upset when it seems like we deserve sympathy for what we are and what we have done. I feel as an alcoholic I have been one of the most selfish people ever born.People excusing it don't help.

We make choices and we have consequences. I understand you are a more happy go lucky person. It's all good. But this board is to help people stop drinking. Not to make excuses to drink.

Comment

RELAX!

I may not be the biggest fan of tough love, but sometimes that is what is needed. We may not all agree, but that is what makes this site great. If we were all the same, then I might as well sit here and type to myself, which would really suck because I can be quite the bore.
                          Even when we "fight" I feel it really helps us feel the emotions that we have buried for so long. Yes we need to be careful how we word things so we do not hurt others' feelings, but we also need to be able to be honest.
                          Goal 1: Today
                          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

RELAX!

Hahaha!! I love that. I would be quite the bore also.

Comment

RELAX!

Well said, Luka.

I grew up in a family of 7 kids. When I was 6 or 7, and two of my older brothers would fight, I 'd stomp down the stairs and go running to my mom to tattle.

My mom would listen to my blow-by-blow account of the fight, and once I was out of breath and huffing and puffing, she would tell me with a stern voice.... "Go tell your brothers to Fight Nice!".... As long as fists weren't going thru walls and blood wasn't flowing, she'd let them "fight"....

By the time I'd get back to their room, the fight would be over. They were probably afraid that she'd show up with THE wooden spoon, because Patty just tattled!

I'm always up for a good "fight", but when things get sour, the fun is over. I have a British friend that used to (affectionately) call me a stupid cow.... which I guess is an insult? I don't ever remember being called a stupid bloody cow, but is that worse?

Anyway, I don't want to add to any unnecessary tension. I just want everyone to know that I love Greenie's smiley toes and Luka's butt(s)... yet sometimes, I miss her monkey face.

Patty
                              Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                              X