Withdrawal symtoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal symtoms

I would say most withdrawal symptoms are equivalent to having a really bad cold. It Sucks but you can function if you have to. I think you will be OK physically with the amount you have been drinking. Mentally, you must be determined. The times I have quit have been on Monday. After day 3, I feel much better and concentrate on not drinking on the weekend.

The whole one day at a time really helps. It gives you a sense of accomplishment without the feeling of impending doom (a.k.a. I can never drink again)
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Withdrawal symtoms

Hello,
      This is my first post on this site.
      The best day of the week to try and start a sobriety or moderation program is very idiosyncratic. As a psychotherapist, my worst days are Monday thru Wednesday, the days when I see the most patients. Those are the days when I want to go home and just go into oblivion. I'm fine Thursdays thru Sundays, when either I see a minimal amount of patients, or no patients at all. My advise would be to take an honest look at your own situation and choose the days when you're least likely to "need" to drink.
      I detoxed on my own over the xmas holidays. I was physically dependent on alcohol at that time, and when I detoxed, I spent three days without any sleep to speak of. I was drinking about the same amount as 2young, albeit for less total time as that poster. It was very hard; during that period ot time I'd not yet found MWO, and I didn't have any support. Now I'm on the supplements, I have the hypnosis CDs, and I started Topamax a week ago. It's amazing the difference.
      I wish the best of luck to everyone trying to make this transition. I've found that using the total MWO program is yielding amazing results for me.
      Dr. Melfi

Comment

Withdrawal symtoms

I completely relate! The first time I tried to stop, I was shocked at the antsy, restless feelings that wouldn't go away. I went to see a nurse practitioner who specializes in substance abuse and she put me on Campral. I started on a Sunday and then added in the supplements (Kudzu, B-50, multi-vitamin, milk thistle, etc.) a few days later. It was so, so much easier with this help. I too worried that I wouldn't be able to work. But I've been FINE. I had a headache episode last week for a few days but overall I've been ok--and I was drinking comparable amounts to you if not more. Although of course we all react differently. I'd just say--give it a try, don't be afraid to ask your dr. for help, and try the supps. Good luck, Jess

Comment

Working...
        X