5th Day AF!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th Day AF!!!

:wd: That's all I've got to say about that!! LOL Today is mine and hubby's 5th day AF. Not easy by any stretch of the word!! Yesterday was the hardest and I kept busy doing yardwork all day. I was fighting the urge for a cold beer! Hubby slept almost 4 hours during the day and had the shakes and ran a little fever on and off, or at least he thought he did! Maybe it was just cold sweats??????

I know we can go at least 7 days. We are trying to oderate but we felt like we have to go at least 7 days for our own good. We needed a good detox! Our reward system is in place and if we can make it 7 days, we will buy bicycles to ride in the afternoon instead of hanging out at the bar! Each 3 days of sobriety gets us a reward and money in our vacation fund that wee would have spent on beer!

Thanks for all your support thus far!! So glad I found this place with the help of a weight loss surgery peer!!

Hugz,
    Gina

5th Day AF!!!

Well done YOU, great idea to reward yourself with the money you would have spent. You must be feeling great.

Lx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

Hi On MW,

I love that you are rewarding yourselves for being AF. I use rewards for my self too! The longer you stay AF, the better you feel physicly, for sure!

Here is a thought...............MWO suggests a minimum of 30 days AF, before even considering attempting to use moderately. Even then, it is risky to start drinking again. Thirty days would sure add a lot more to that vacation fund!!

Whatever you choose, I wish you well!
      x Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

Hello there onmyway2008....sounds positive 5 days! :goodjob: & :welcome: get the kudzu it makes a BIG difference ya know..try it you'll like it. Its all about advice here and support.

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

Way to go!

I love the name - on my way 2008 ! I agree with Kate - 30 days is a great AF run and then ask yourself if your ready to Moderate! I didn't feel clear headed until I was around that point! anyway - congrats to you and hubbie :goodjob:
          Liv
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

Welcome On Their Way (have to include the lurking hubby in the background! )....

Have you guys bought any supplements to help restore lost vitamins and minerals? You can find them at your local pharmacy... if you don't know what to get, start reading around here, but at a minimum, at least a B complex!

There are conflicting opinions about whether AF beer is permissible during the first 30 days, but I drink it still... I have several varieties in my beer fridge in the garage. For me, the most rewarding beer in the world is right after lawn work.... and a cold AF
            beer is just as delightful as a "real" beer (actually, it's better)!

Seven days may seem like a short goal, but for you guys, it's realistic. So stick to it. Maybe, on day 7, you'll look at each other and wonder if you can make it past the next weekend? And then, maybe to the next Wednesday? Next thing you know, you'll be at 14 days. 21. 30. All together, but one day at a time.....

:heart: Welcome again, and keep us posted.

Patty
            Tampa, FL

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

Ripple;297246 wrote: Hello there onmyway2008....sounds positive 5 days! :goodjob: & :welcome: get the kudzu it makes a BIG difference ya know..try it you'll like it. Its all about advice here and support.
              I think I was supposed to get some Kudzu with my membership and also an online copy of the book, but not sure how I'm supposed to receive it.

BTW- We made it another day! On Day six today of being AF!! Thanks to all for the great support and suggestions!!
              Gina

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

Hey! Congrats on day 6!!! Keep going!!!

You should have received a note with membership as I recall. You either mail or fax your name and address and then you receive the kudzu and how to get the online book. Darn......I can't quite remember!! Can someone else remember?
                Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

I wish you continued success... yes, you are ON YOUR WAY! Very happy for you :goodjob:

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

Hi again,

Just thought I would try to help here, if you choose the paid membership, you do get a bottle of Kudzu. But you have to go to the Health Store here and order it with the coupon code. You can find that information in the membership area. I have not heard of the book also coming with membership. You can also call customer service at MWO and they will be happy to help you!

I really believe that the Kudzu and L-Glut help!! You're doing great! Keep it going!

xKate

onmyway2008;297832 wrote: I think I was supposed to get some Kudzu with my membership and also an online copy of the book, but not sure how I'm supposed to receive it.

BTW- We made it another day! On Day six today of being AF!! Thanks to all for the great support and suggestions!!
                    Gina
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

5th Day AF!!!

Great for both of you!!!

Shoot for 7, and then re-assess...maybe you want to stretch a little more? I find, the longer I am AF, the more motivated I have become to stay that way longer. I still can't think of "forever"...that is just too overwhelming, but I can think..."hmm, I would like to stay on this course for a little while longer..."

I am hopeful that the longer I stay AF, the more I will want to stay that way.

Continued success

Beth
                      formerly known as bak310

Comment

Working...
                      X