sober party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sober party

Just wanted to post and say i did my very first sober party on Fri nite. I went with my friend (who doesn't drink) to a leaving bash and i didn't have a drop.
    When i've been trying to quit in the past i have never gone to parties, pubs etc. I've stayed home and tried to get thru the demons.
    Anyway i felt strong so i went.
    It wasn't as bad as i thought. Me and my friend chatted and giggled at the people that were completely smashed. It really made me think. Did i used to look like that???
    It was great to get in my car and drive home when i wanted. No waiting around for taxi's in the freezing cold
    It did feel strange when i got home tho. Normally when i get in from a night out i crack open the vodka and start another party of my own. I found that the hardest part of the night funnily enough. Watched a late night film with tea and biscuits. My daughter said "you must be getting to be an old fart now mum" which i didn't appreciate! I'm only 35! She's at the age where it's cool to party (17). She'll have to get used to me partying on tea and coffee
    I'm on day 19 today and feel that this is the best stab at drinking i've had. I feel different. A hell of alot stronger than all the other times. I think each time i failed and started again i got a little stronger. The moral of that story is never ever give up
    Hope you're all doing ok
    By the way i adore this site and without it i know i would never have got passed day 4 on all my attempts. I t keeps me going and keeps me strong. You're all brilliant :thanks:
    Charlotte xxx

sober party

Congratulations Charlotte!:goodjob:
    It does feel good to be able to leave when you're ready & not worry about driving,...etc.
    Also wake up feeling good!

One of my favorite treats when I'm going AF is diet Dr Pepper & lite vanilla ice cream floats! They take a long time to eat ...or ya get an ice cream headache! But they still taste sinful!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

sober party

hehe, it's funny seeing drunk people when you're sober yourself...it always reminds me why I;ve stopped drinking!!
      'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
      From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

sober party

Well done Vegan!

And welcome to the site!

Comment

sober party

Sober Partys, been to a few and had a great time! The people are interesting, the food is always so good, desserts wonderful and of course coffee. Thanks for adding this Vegan..:thanks:

Comment

Working...
          X