X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passed out in AA..

There but for the grace of God, go I.
    Poor soul.
    I hope she is ready to get the help she is seeking.
    Glad you were all there for her.
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Passed out in AA..

secondchance;299055 wrote: Good question. Perhaps when we take responsibility for our own actions? Perhaps when so many no longer stand to profit from the sale of alcohol? Perhaps when we learn to never take that first drink? It has to begin within, the fight to conquer this beast.
      God knows that's the truth, Second... I so agree with never beginning to drink in the first place.

So in the meantime and in between time, the situation will never be addressed because alcohol is a big money maker for the manufacturers, the bar/store owners and the various governments.

BIG BUSINESS!

This problem will NOT be addressed

Comment

Passed out in AA..

Shik,

How would you suggest "America Address the issue of Alcohol"? Prohibition did not work.

KH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Passed out in AA..

part of the reason I come here and read some of these disturbing and sad sad stories, is to remind me to never never give in to the booze.

This is really sad I feel so much for that woman and at the same time I wonder how someone could be so lost.

it is truly sad. but I am glad some part of her dragged her into AA for help.

Trix
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Passed out in AA..

God knows that's the truth, Second... I so agree with never beginning to drink in the first place.

So in the meantime and in between time, the situation will never be addressed because alcohol is a big money maker for the manufacturers, the bar/store owners and the various governments.

BIG BUSINESS!

not everyone abuses alcohol, we must keep that in mind. (learning to moderate)

Comment

Passed out in AA..

trixietrack;299073 wrote: God knows that's the truth, Second... I so agree with never beginning to drink in the first place.

BIG BUSINESS!

not everyone abuses alcohol, we must keep that in mind. (learning to moderate)
              Sorry, Trix... I'm talking about those that do and they are legion... how's your moderation going?

Comment

Passed out in AA..

During prohibition, those that wanted to drink, still found a way. Even today, drugs are illegal, but drugs are readily available to those that want to get high.

There are low cost or no cost rehabs and resources to help with addiction. there are drugs like anti-buse.

The bottom line is that WE the Alcoholics need to take control of our own situation and our own lives. We cannot always expect that the government will save us from ourselves. We simply cannot blame anyone else for our drinking. As long as we do, we will continue to destroy our own lives with alcohol.

I choose to live sober. I am in control of this, as long as I am willing and comitted to my own sobriety.

KH

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Passed out in AA..

very well put kateh1. I think that is what I was tryong to communicate in my post.

as for this poor woman, just the fact that she went to AA hopefully her choice, is a sign that she is looking to change.

peace

Comment

Passed out in AA..

Thanks Trixie,
                    As for this woman in AA. Obviously from her appearance, she has serious circulatory issues (purple face). We know that long term Alcohol abuse is a major cause of this. We also assume that since she is an alcoholic, she must have passed out from alcohol. Maybe, maybe not. She could have medical issues, that caused her fainting. Who knows? Hopefully, she will get well.

Carpe Diem All,
                    KH

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Passed out in AA..

Definite cry for help.

Sammys

Comment

Passed out in AA..

looks bleak.

i hope she gets well, it will be a miracle! keep you posted. one of the worst cases i've seen. :h

Comment

Passed out in AA..

You right, Kate, as usual...

I hear ya, Trix...

Just to edit and say, though, that how many of us would have ever started drinking if it had been illegal (Prohibition)?

I've never used illegal drugs because I know they are illegal.

Sure, there are people out there that can control their drinking (not a problem), but when you have a vast section of society that are alcoholics and with the underage drinking which increases the chance of the disease, you would think that the government would sit back and take a serious look at the problem.

Seems the "government", an entity that is supposed to "care about its citizens", only has an interest in making money... bails, taxpayer dollars for incarceration, alcohol schools, DUI lawyers who pay taxes, cops and bailmen who take advantage and the list goes on.

So, to that end, I still say when will the government take a look? Because you know what? Ignoring the problem by putting band-aids on the situation only leads to more heartache, just to reap financial gain. More people will be injured; more people will be killed.

I wonder how does the MADD organization feel about the role the government plays, because the laws that are being enforced; sure, they have been made STRICTER, but the problem is still reeling out of control.

Maybe it's time to look at doing something else. What? I don't know because I don't want to penalize those who can drink and do so responsibly, but perhaps more commercials about responsible drinking and the danger of over-imbibing (abuse) is needed and the consequences.

I've seen enough commercials where everyone is having a "good time". Have you? Seldom do I see the "consequences" commercialized of a drunk driver. Hardly ever... but that message needs to be sent before people start DRINKING, not after!

And every last one of us here know that alcohol is a GREAT DECEIVER! You think you feel "fine" but you're not.

Comment

Passed out in AA..

So sad, and gives me the chills to think of what might await us.

I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see!

Hopefully she will not be lost forever!

Best
                            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Passed out in AA..

Shikakai;299125 wrote: You right, Kate, as usual...

I hear ya, Trix...

*I had to respond to the post. I honestly believe that as long as we look at who and what to blame for our drinking, we are destined to continue to drink. It is only when, we take complete RESPONSIBILITY, for our drinking, that we can get past it.

Just to edit and say, though, that how many of us would have ever started drinking if it had been illegal (Prohibition)?

*This is a mute point. Blaiming the availabitlity of alcohol for our own lack of control, is not the answer.

*Prohibition was ended because the people of this country demanded to be able to drink alcohol.

I've never used illegal drugs because I know they are illegal.

Sure, there are people out there that can control their drinking (not a problem), but when you have a vast section of society that are alcoholics and with the underage drinking which increases the chance of the disease, you would think that the government would sit back and take a serious look at the problem.

*Alcoholism is not an a "Disease" in the same respects as other illness. In fact the reason it is labeled a "Disease" was a process where by, people could use their Medical Insurance to pay for treatment. This was, and is, in fact, the government stepping in.

Seems the "government", an entity that is supposed to "care about its citizens", only has an interest in making money... bails, taxpayer dollars for incarceration, alcohol schools, DUI lawyers who pay taxes, cops and bailmen who take advantage and the list goes on.

*I competely disagree with this statement. The government is supposed to serve and protect its citizens. They are not here to protect us from ourselves. The government is not a parental care giving unit.

*It's own interests in making money??????????
                              Bail, Cops, /DUI Lawyers, Incarceration, Alcohol Schools, bail bondsmen who take advantage????????????????????

*This truly makes no sense. If we brake the law, and thank god there are stiff DUI laws
                              * You must go to court and pay your punishment. If a drunk or drug addict kills or commits a crime, the same must apply. This is the government protecting us, not making money off of us.

So, to that end, I still say when will the government take a look? Because you know what? Ignoring the problem by putting band-aids on the situation only leads to more heartache, just to reap financial gain. More people will be injured; more people will be killed.

I wonder how does the MADD organization feel about the role the government plays, because the laws that are being enforced; sure, they have been made STRICTER, but the problem is still reeling out of control.

Maybe it's time to look at doing something else. What? I don't know because I don't want to penalize those who can drink and do so responsibly, but perhaps more commercials about responsible drinking and the danger of over-imbibing (abuse) is needed and the consequences.

*I've seen enough commercials where everyone is having a "good time". Have you? Seldom do I see the "consequences" commercialized of a drunk driver. Hardly ever... but that message needs to be sent before people start DRINKING, not after!

*There are many commercials, about drunk driving. Many about over doing alcohol. Teaching children to not drink to excess is a parental responsibility. Just as parents should teach their children not to steal, and to stay in school.

And every last one of us here know that alcohol is a GREAT DECEIVER! You think you feel "fine" but you're not.
                              *I think most of us here would agree, that we Do Not "Feel Fine", when we drink. We can find evidence of this, all over these boards. The "Deception" comes from we, ourselves, convincing ourselves that the "Next Drink Will Bring Different Results"

Kate

The * are my responses.

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Passed out in AA..

KateH1;299276 wrote: *I think most of us here would agree, that we Do Not "Feel Fine", when we drink. We can find evidence of this, all over these boards. The "Deception" comes from we, ourselves, convincing ourselves that the "Next Drink Will Bring Different Results"

Kate

The * are my responses.
                                But everyone doesn't feel "sick", Kate... you know that...

I can't respond to all of your points as you added them into mine, but please know that it's also the government's job to protect those who are held harmless as well as those who harm. It has an obligation to all of us.

And yes, much of it is money driven.

Living here in California, again, I hardly ever see commercials discouraging drinking and driving or drinking period, but I can turn on any station, day or night, and see drinking glamorized, whether it's a commerical or if it's a TV show.

The message is to DRINK!

Sure, you don't feel fine now and neither do I, but I did at one time, and that's the time I'm trying to avoid others to feel because it's a LIE!

Comment

Working...
                                X