Questions about Detoxing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p.s..... those foot pads sound very interesting... never heard of those before. Amazing the things they come up with!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Hi everybody and welcome to the "newbies"--

Great thread. I believe 42Cat you won't believe how much better you feel and function without the AL. Before I would be tired and unmotivated all day after an evening of drinking. I never thought of the warm bath idea--but I do have a sauna and I try really hard to use it every other day--sweats out alot of toxins. (I also quit smoking)The feet-detox I believe is some type of ionic cleanse, they have it here at the beauty salon, but it is a water bath deal. I guess the water turns a different color depending on what your body is getting rid of. Some people swear by it...I'm not sure what I think--doesn't matter I guess.

I would also highly recommend that you read the MWO book, and go from there--I think it is helpful to have a plan before you even start. I've been here about 3 weeks, and I'm able to moderate--most times I don't feel like drinking, it just feels so good not to!

Anyway, that's my :cents

Keep coming back--read and post--and drink lots of water!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

bestlifeldms;299112 wrote: Wow! All sounds good. I will google later when I'm not at work. OMG, does a sauna sound good. Has anyone tried those pads that stick to the bottom of your sleep at night that draw toxins. They are black in the morning.

Thanks, lots of good imfo!

:h Best
        I have seen those on TV and doubt they do much good. You have a lot more 'junk' in you than a pad on your foot can absorb. They are expensive too. Read about the Bentonite clay.

Comment

Sherry!!!! They just showed those foot things on Channel 4 last night!! Weird, huh? They had a woman wear them and they did turn a dark yellow and got hard. Then they took them to CMU (I think) and the researcher said it was just sweat. Sounded good though, right?
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Here is a link to Bentonite clay info as well as Psyllium. It is free from hype IMHO. There are many sites that tout certain products and disparrage others but they all have the same basic ingredients and do the same thing.

Bentonite clay for internal healing

Comment

42Cat,
              It wouldn't be a bad idea to have some valium around if you are planning to really go for it and withdraw 'permanently' from alcohol. I have used this in the past, and it's how they medically-withdraw you when you go into detox. Personally, I do think you're at a level that will involve some withdrawal. It's also smart to have some B injections, or supps, as these vits are ridiculously depleted from the constant drinking. Also, get as much support, in as many different forms as you can - counselling, groups, peers, AA, literature, recovery sites, nutrition? Only you will know what feels necessary and right.

It's the staying stopped that counts!

Best of luck with it,
              KAYLA
              KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Gee,Florida Boy,do you by chance work for Bentonite CLAY????

why don'tcha just say so ..We all LOVE a new detox product,but you're being kind of sneaky,don't you think?
                :lRebecca

Comment

Working...
                X