It's over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over!

poohbear;299905 wrote: Shik I am very happy for you, you must feel so relieved to have that not hanging over your head anymore. I do hope that this is the wake up call that you need. Also I do believe that your PO and the DUI school can do random UA's to check and see if you have been drinking so just wanted to make you aware of that. When do you have to start those?
    Hi Pooh...

I have 30 days to enroll in the DUI school, but the clerk at the office (when I went to pay the fee) said to call them MONDAY! I'll call MONDAY!

Yes, I am VERY happy! I haven't been this happy since... since... since... LOL!

This is just the wake-up call I needed... I tell ya! This is what I've been crying for, but didn't know it until it actually happened. And yes, the school does do tests and some of the people today in court have been failing the tests and being thrown out of the school. That won't be me! I PROMISE!

It was so sad to see people trying to plead their case, but the judge was very compassionate. I'm so glad I didn't listen to that loser attorney and bailsman who tried to set me up to the tune of $400. I told Mike all about it.

The attorneys just try to take advantage of DUIers... and the judge even recommended a Public Defender if you can't afford an attorney, AS I THOUGHT! It's part of our Miranda Rights!

Thank you, Pooh... I hope everything is well on your front too. *hug*

Comment

It's over!

mike205;299862 wrote: Hi Shik,

I'm really happy for you. Lawyers often use these "scare" tactics you talked about for recruiting new clients. I'm sure you will remember this experience and use it in your own fight in sobrierty.

I bet you are looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend now.

Mike
      You know it, baby!

Thank you so much for listening to me! I was FREAKED OUT!

"$10,000 worth of fines, plus $10,000 to pay for an attorney"... it never happened.

What a joke! Those attorneys and bailsman will say anything to make a buck!

I'm a first offender. Why would I have to pay $10,000 and then you have multiple DUIers... say four DUIs...that's $40,000! They do have payment plans, though, but still... something's "off". I doubt anyone pays 10s of 1000s of dollars!

A very relaxing weekend No more worries about the COPS showing up to haul me off...

PEACE AT LAST! :H

Comment

It's over!

Ripple;299868 wrote: Good Girl! no more getting :bust: ed! 3 years probation is kinda nasty though! take a deep breath dear one, you are gonna be okay. a reminder, sobriety will keep you out of trouble. happy for you Shiki...very. :goodjob:
        Thank you, thank you!

The judge even complimented me on how intelligently I presented my case... I wore a blazer and everything! LOL!

I had my Skechers on, though, just in case they hauled me off.

Didn't want to go to jail in heels!

OMIGOD! :H

Comment

It's over!

Palatia;299897 wrote: WTG Shik!
          You should be Very proud of yourself for handling it yourself.. and so well.

After my DUI, I had a 'red' license which means that I could drive to specific places.. but it wasn't that strict. In fact, I didn't realize I couldn't drive out of state and got a speeding ticket in Wyoming lol.. The officer didn't blink an eye and it never showed on my record in CO.. lol.. I went to get my real license after my 'term' was up and mentioned about the ticket in Wyoming.. She goes, you didn't know you weren't supposed to be driving out of state? Well it's not on your record so we'll pretend you didn't tell me that... hehe.
          Yea, yea... the laws are strict, but seemingly on long-term offenders... that WON'T be me and it WON'T be you, either!

I just couldn't go on another day or night WONDERING what would happen. I'm very pleased I let the judge handle it, and I bet he was pleased to (inwardly) that I placed my faith in him. Forget attorneys... I was out of there!

I WON'T BE BACK!

Comment

It's over!

dexterhead;299908 wrote: :wave::banana:Yay Shika!!! It is OVER and you have a new life and a new start !!!
            Amen to that, Dex... here's to: NEVER AGAIN!

Now I can start making plans for my birthday!

My whole life was on hold! Glad this is over and it's just what I needed.

I told the judge I am willing to pay restitution to the other driver, and he said if it's necessary, it's ordered.

Comment

It's over!

Shik,

Congratulations on what sounds like a very forgiving sentence! It must be an incredible relief! You're very lucky, and now you can start with a clean slate and work hard on no longer making alcohol a priority in your life.

Comment

It's over!

So who is being charged for the accident? Is the other woman? Was she drinking? Or is the accident a separate case?

What about the woman that you hurt in the accident? Has she contacted your insurance company?
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

It's over!

Shikakai;299935 wrote:
                  Now I can start making plans for my birthday!

My whole life was on hold! Glad this is over and it's just what I needed.
                  I hope the injured woman's life isn't on hold and she can make plans for her birthday as well.
                  Marcie

Comment

It's over!

5thaday;299937 wrote: Shik,

Congratulations on what sounds like a very forgiving sentence! It must be an incredible relief! You're very lucky, and now you can start with a clean slate and work hard on no longer making alcohol a priority in your life.
                    That is the plan, 5th... onward and upward!

Now I can focus on my sobriety... I'll PM you over the weekend, if I don't catch you in the Chat Room, to catch up.

Comment

It's over!

memarcie;299945 wrote: I hope the injured woman's life isn't on hold and she can make plans for her birthday as well.
                      From everything I know, the woman is going to be alright... if she wasn't, I doubt I would have been walking around...

Comment

It's over!

KateH1;299938 wrote: So who is being charged for the accident? Is the other woman? Was she drinking? Or is the accident a separate case?

What about the woman that you hurt in the accident? Has she contacted your insurance company?

The woman has been taken care of by the insurance company. A court investigator will determine if restitution applies and if so, I'll pay it... as I
                        offered TODAY and told the Forum before that I had no problem paying.

No, it's not another case. It's all over and done with

Comment

It's over!

Shik,

Real legal trouble is the pits, I'm happy for you that it's over...what a relief I'm sure. Now you can relax and enjoy your weekend.
                          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                          Watch this and find out....
                          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

It's over!

4theboyz;299955 wrote: Shik,

Real legal trouble is the pits, I'm happy for you that it's over...what a relief I'm sure. Now you can relax and enjoy your weekend.
                            Thank you, baby... that was a ROUGH SPELL!

I haven't slept a good night in WEEKS! I didn't sleep at all last night, but it's all behind me now and I will make restitution, if need be, and I plan to send the woman some flowers and a card.

The woman is going to be okay, and I'm beyond grateful that she was not anymore injured. That accident could have been a lot worse... I'm glad I didn't hurt myself anymore, either...

Comment

It's over!

Congrats, you came out just fine. But I am confused. Were you charged/ticketed with an infraction other than DUI? Like running a stop sign, failure to yield etc. If not, you should not have to make restitution. Her insurance carrier will go to yours for that.

Comment

It's over!

FloridaBoy;299971 wrote: Congrats, you came out just fine. But I am confused. Were you charged/ticketed with an infraction other than DUI? Like running a stop sign, failure to yield etc. If not, you should not have to make restitution. Her insurance carrier will go to yours for that.
                                I got a proof of no insurance infraction, but the court dropped it...

Yea, and that's why they will look into it, but even the judge sounded skeptical, but it's procedural.

The insurance company says they have taken care of EVERYTHING. I haven't heard a peep since.

Thanks, Florida

Comment

Working...
                                X