It's over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over!

hart;300252 wrote: My two cents. I don't know why some folks are so pissed when others express relief that worse things didn't happen to them. It's human nature. What would you have Shik do?

I feel she does understand how incredibly lucky she was, she is eager to go to DUI school and will attend AA meetings.

I hate bitter people. Yes someone got injured. They are okay. So should Shik throw herself in a volcano to make amends?

I don't drink and drive but I did once and vowed not to again. I haven't and won't. I believe Shik won't.

As I say, my two cents.
    Thank you, Hart... I can't wait to start the classes because now I know I will truly get the help I've been needing desperately for years.

I don't know what some people expect me to do. I can't turn back the clock and take it all back.

Anyway, I hope this Saturday finds things going well for you and the hub :l

Comment

It's over!

Shikakai,

Wow, I don't know how you did it? Did they ask you to do a breathalyzer at the accident? I thought it was an automatic 1 year loss of license in Cali for a refusal?

Anyway, you caught a break and I am so happy for you, you have a fresh start. Make the most of it and remind yourself everyday so this doesn't happen again. What a relief
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

It's over!

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine;300357 wrote: Shikakai,

Wow, I don't know how you did it? Did they ask you to do a breathalyzer at the accident? I thought it was an automatic 1 year loss of license in Cali for a refusal?

Anyway, you caught a break and I am so happy for you, you have a fresh start. Make the most of it and remind yourself everyday so this doesn't happen again. What a relief

Comment

It's over!

Oh, That's right, I remember now, they took your blood without your consent. Well, just live each day to the fullest and if they contact you you'll deal with it when that day comes. They told my husband in court though (in California) so I think you might not lose it. You're situation is a little unique. :h
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

It's over!

just wanted to throw in my 2 cents also for whatever its worth but I am sure that Shik feels bad enough for what she has done that she doesn't need it thrown in her face - she will make whatever amends that she needs to do that is not for us to decide, we are here to support her and encourage her and to keep reminding her that this is a new lease on life for her. All of us have done things in a drunken state that we wish we could take back, but guess what????? WE CAN'T CAN WE?????? No we can only go forward and that is what she intends to do - so get off her back please!!! Yes thank the good Lord nobody was seriously hurt can we not just concentrate on that and go on with life???

Ok I'm done and just wanted to let you know I am here for you hun :h

Pbear
            when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

It's over!

poohbear;300494 wrote: just wanted to throw in my 2 cents also for whatever its worth but I am sure that Shik feels bad enough for what she has done that she doesn't need it thrown in her face - she will make whatever amends that she needs to do that is not for us to decide, we are here to support her and encourage her and to keep reminding her that this is a new lease on life for her. All of us have done things in a drunken state that we wish we could take back, but guess what????? WE CAN'T CAN WE?????? No we can only go forward and that is what she intends to do - so get off her back please!!! Yes thank the good Lord nobody was seriously hurt can we not just concentrate on that and go on with life???

Ok I'm done and just wanted to let you know I am here for you hun :h

Pbear
              Thank you everyone who is sticking up for me... I really don't know what people expect me to do.

I contacted ProFlowers today and sent the poor lady a plant which she will receive early next week. I felt the plant will last longer than flowers... thank you again... many of you have been very kind to me and it is not unappreciated :l

Comment

It's over!

i'm with Hart and Pooh, Shik! I don't think you "beat the system." Honestly, 3 years' probation is no walk at the beach. I don't think any among us would have thought, well, damn, I wish they would have given me jail. You have been given a huge second chance, and you know it. Hugs shik!!
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

It's over!

dexterhead;300717 wrote: i'm with Hart and Pooh, Shik! I don't think you "beat the system." Honestly, 3 years' probation is no walk at the beach. I don't think any among us would have thought, well, damn, I wish they would have given me jail. You have been given a huge second chance, and you know it. Hugs shik!!
                  Thank you very much... and there is no room to break the probation either. I could be randomly tested at any time, and I will be tested at the school.

Two cases yesterday involved people who had been thrown out of the school because they drank and had to ask the court for re-instatement.

This is really going to be hard... after 20 years of drinking and now court-ordered NOT to drink... no walk in the park is right, Dex!

I don't know... maybe those who think I should go to jail should ask themselves would they want to if the situation were theirs? Doubtful.

Thanks, hon... I will take full advantage of this second chance, because it truly is one and it's all I asked God to give me and He did :l

God does answer prayers

Comment

It's over!

Good point shik, ?just being me?, joins suddenly just to make two nasty little posts to you only. This person is not only sanctimonious but gutless as well. Get a life ?just being me? we know who you are. :finger::finger:

Comment

It's over!

Amen!

Shik, you have handled this well and turned it from a near tragedy to a new life. KUDOS TO YOU!
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

It's over!

Victory;300747 wrote: Good point shik, ?just being me?, joins suddenly just to make two nasty little posts to you only. This person is not only sanctimonious but gutless as well. Get a life ?just being me? we know who you are. :finger::finger:
                        Heehee! Thanks Victory and Beatle... :hug:

Comment

It's over!

Shik,
                          So, how did they handle your arrest? What court costs did you pay? What were your fines! Don't get me wrong....good for you....but, I am just curiois? As other's here may need to go through the same experience????
                          KH
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

It's over!

DUI advice

Hi Shik

ok, what is my opinion of all this?

first, you are probably just more open than othermembers and will therefore attract more criticism. DUIs novel? Right! there are tons of people on this site who had the same problem. I suspect the only difference is that you are youngerand being more honest and open in a public space. You should not be damned for that. this site has always been non-judgemental but two things go against thatUIs and domestic abuse. And you have crossed one of those lines.

You will have to decide if you want to be so honest that you expose yourself to intense criticism as well as support. Actually it seems you want both.

I would urge you to PM members that you think are supportive for your goals, rather than post everything openly

You know what some anonymous people think here is not as important as what you think about yourself. You were in danger months ago and everyone here could see it. this could have been preventable. what worries me now is that you will go to the 12 step, but i don't think you are going to quit. I think you need medication!

Just my opinion!

newly senior member
                            nancy

Comment

It's over!

OK nancy you gave your opinion, here is my opinion:
                              Are you are saying to shik, others and any new comer that if you land in deep shit, don?t come here for support and best to PM to avoid attack?
                              Thanks nancy that is a very nice warning to anyone landing in deep shit and needing some help, advice and support.
                              What if you landed in deep shit nancy and ?just being me?, would you both like some advice and support or would you like to have it all thrown in your face over and over again?
                              Sorry that just doesn?t cut if for me.
                              Kind regards Aunty Vic

Comment

It's over!

Aunite Vic..i hope you have a nice day..you sure could use one! :flower::lolly:

Comment

Working...
                                X