I'm Pregnant!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Pregnant!!

I forgot to mention I went for my first ultrasound scan yesterday. Everything went well and the pictures have been forwarded to my GP for further examination. I will see my GP sometime at the end of the week or early next week to find out how bad the hepatitis is etc. Ain't that lubricant stuff 'orrible!!!!. I'm calling the baby liver as that's exactly what it looks like at the moment a big fat liver!! I'll keep you all informed of my progress!!

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

I'm Pregnant!!

Congratulations, Hippie!!! How very exciting!!You are hilarious, calling this precious baby "Liver", but then again, we have a baby called Beet!

Babies and children are wonderful! Your life will never be the same, and that is a good thing! Your life will be rich with this new life........................Much Happiness!

XXX Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Babies, I love them. They truly change your life and the saying "babies change everything' is a complete understatement. Enjoy
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Hippie! Congratulations! :happy:

Ultrasounds are always enlightening, and fun to watch.... well, except for that lubricant, of course.

Why doesn't anyone invent a warming station, and perhaps offer you with a choice of personal flavors?

"Would you like Lavender Vanilla, or Eucalyptus Mint? The flavor of the moment is Rosemary Rose."

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

you're pregnant and I'm confused

And speechless if you can imagine that.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Hippie,

:l

Now you have to "wait and see." I hate that part.

At least you are NOT drinking and you are doing the right things for your liver.

Many have come back from death's door and recovered completely, I met a man yesterday who did just that!!

I don't think you are anywhere near that far along.

However, the worry and the frustration at being sober for 6 months and still having a fatty liver must be difficult.

More of those huggy things you guys hate but I mean them!! :l:l:l

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

btw, see Jay's post on Liver Exercise. Can't hurt.

Taking the Milk Thistle? My doc recommended that plus the SamE - but can't take SamE due to drug interactions.

Hang in there, Hippie. Sending lots of healing vibes across the pond to you.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Hey hippie...

Thank God you aren't drinking... today.. and today, and today...

Thx for keeping us posted.. Let us know how it comes out....

:fingers:
                P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

hippie does this mean your liver is good? or does this mean it is big because not good? am concerned about the baby and about you my friend. you are a beautiful man. thank you for being such a treasure....
                  :welcome:

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Gee it's hard to figure out what is going on with you hippie. I have to infer things from otherposts. My impression is that this was a sarcastic post. about your liver, taken literally.

I do have to say that your psch condition has improved dramatically recently. Not sure if that is due to meds or the behavioral psych you received or both! I think it's really inspiring. so keep that up and keep all of us posted.

So Cindy's advice on the physical stuff seems great. Cindi--WE love you!

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Hi
                      I think? the hipster is having a laugh " Im pregnant and I will call it liver":H I think he is well aware of his health issues. To me I think other males should see docs ect and begin to think about there well being as he is doing. He is a inspiration. For too long men deny they may have health issues and 2 cant communicate properly with there partener's. rthe second one is definetly harder than the first." HI darling lets talk no dear no time have a docs appointment in the future some time"

Hope the liver turns out to be the right weight and a healthy happy organ hip

all the best cap

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Following Nancyi - who is a hard act to follow - hope everything goes well, if you are preggers, well -congrats, that's wonderfull! This little spark of life could signal a new beginning, nes pa?
                        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Ha! Nice one - chin up my boy and keep that British humour coming!!!

Well I hope your big angry liver (or is it still just a bit chubby and grumpy) can get the necessary TLC and turn into the sleek, turbo charged waste disposal unit any Father can be proud of.

Thinking of you during this time of waiting. I'm such an instant gratification girl, waiting drives me nuts.

Take care
                          XXX
                          The mind is in its own place, and in itself
                          Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

I should of kept this one for April 1st shouldn't I?!!!lol Thanks all for your enquiries anyway!

Yes It would be physically impossible for me to be pregnant being a bloke n all (see pic on profile.) My ultrasound was on my liver but I had many laughable thoughts while being prodded and scanned etc. particularly as I have put on a bit of weight recently. At least I managed to keep the 2 sexy nurses amused and bring a smile to their faces (without ME prodding!!). We even discussed names etc!!lol.

Most of you will have known I had some bad results back recently concerning inflammation of the liver which warranted the ultrasound and I have been taking steps recently to help with nursing the poor thing back to health. The biggest thing of course I can do to help is not drink. Drinking anyway has never been an option for me, although I've kidded myself in the past, I am an addict after all and one drink would lead me back into binging. i would loose the most precious thing to me in my life, my daughter, and I will not allow that to happen. So I'm very focused this time, I'll be 90 days sober AGAIN on April 1st (I shit you not!). I'm starting an Undergraduate course in Social Sciences this May and I'll be moving into my own flat, hopefully, in about 4 weeks time. I'm eating all the right foods, taking supplements (including milk thistle 3 times a day) and working through my depression issues with CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy). I'm not taking any meds at all anymore i.e. Antabuse and anti-depressants and I feel great.

For me 'living' sober is the key and not merely existing. I'm doing that and I'm happy and ready to become a mum again!!.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

Love and Happiness
                            Hippie
                            xx

p.s. I'll let you all know the results of the scan when I get news myself.
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I'm Pregnant!!

Oh Hippie, you had me.... but I'm still for the warming station and delightfully scented lubricants :H
                              And Liver is a much cuter name than Cirro or Hep.

Patty
                              Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                              X