Signs of 'Life'.. Yes I have a pulse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, there are many little things that begin to tell one that they are coming back to life. Today on my Day 9, I experienced one... (of many lately).

As some of you know, I'm on the job hunt. On the headlines of Yahoo! this morning was a headline of an article about interviewing better.. Great article! *I should email the writer*

So I did.. During my drinking days (haha I sound like an old hand at abstinance.. I'm not!), I would have thought twice about emailing a writer because I usually didn't want to call attention to myself. I questioned myself a lot more.

I think one of the things about drinking a lot is, I tended to question myself whether drinking or sober.. and I posted way too many blog entries drinking. This morning it seemed natural to ask the author a question and commend him on a great article. After a night of heavy drinking, I would have thought *I'm not sure I'm thinking well enough. I don't want to sound dumb (etc)*

Just a little thing.. but wanted to share the surprising little things that one starts to realize when sober... I'm starting to wake up to life... and participate.
    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Palatia, I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm still realizing little things changing mentally, emotionally and physically. You will discover many more and they will all be positve. Sobriety is a great thing.

I am happy for you. Congrats on day 9! Keep up the great work!

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Palatia, I am just the reverse... when I was drinking a lot, I would read away, but I was too paranoid that my post was slept (spelt) wrong and spell check wood not catch it. .... or that my emotions would be reading into something that wasn't there...

But I totally understand your point. "Before", my brain was always backfiring, and while I would be thinking "A", I could not articulate THAT word.... Umm, "THING"
      became a common word for me.... or worse yet, I'd blurt out a totally wrong statement. With my job, I do a lot of training presentations, and there was nothing more embarrassing than thinking 1/4" but stating 3/8"... fully knowing that the minute it was said that I was wrong... Here comes a stutter or two, a joke about early Alzheimers, or "brain fart"....

Man, did my brain smell.

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

" Not Happy Hour......Great Body Art !!!
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X