• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Tuesday

Today's thought is:

Laughter, by definition, is healthy.
    --Doris Lessing

A hearty laugh can warm a cold room and make our spirits soar. But many of us are afraid to laugh, especially when we make mistakes. We think we're supposed to be perfect, and we don't allow ourselves to make mistakes. However, we're not a mold punched out by a machine. We're human beings, with all our wonderful flaws. It is those flaws that make our lives interesting and surprising. Who knows when we might accidentally bump into a chair or catch our sweater on a doorknob? We needn't feel self-conscious, it happens to many of us.

The ability to laugh at ourselves is a gift from God. All we need to do is grab it and use it. Then we will see how healthy and powerful laughter can be.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Thanks Noelle---so, so true!!!!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hummm.... green bean has no problem with that. Good thought! Greenie tries to make her nursing home daddy laugh every day. Some days are tough, but it is important. Hearts need to sing and laughter gets them there.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I am needing to laugh, period. It could be at me or anything. Just need to laugh. I love those laughs that make your cheeks hurt from smiling so much. :H

Comment

Miso, get your butt over to the "Laughing Out Loud" thread....ASAP! If you don't laugh there, there's a problem! :h

Comment

:H
            Thanks Noelle,
            You are a very inspirational and articulate person. A real pleasure to hear from you always.
            Owlet - who is happier today than yesterday because stayed AF last nite. It's so much nicer watching Dancing With The Stars when you can actually remember who did what.

Comment

Owlet....while I'd certainly like to take credit for writing the Thoughts, I don't. I get them in my email every day and cut, copy, paste.

I'm so glad to hear that you're happier today!! Someone in chat last night (and of course I don't remember as I have no memory) said something like they were glad to be toasting Dancing with the Stars instead of watching Dancing with the Stars TOASTED! I thought that was pretty funny!

Comment

Working...
              X