Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Gumby it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Gumby it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why n

OK, So it has been a while, and I wish I could say I have been a good girl. But No, I mean.... I am better. I did quit wine, replaced it with beer. Anyway I am not getting shit faced every night, but I sure do have a need to drink every night.... 2 to 4 beers, oh but its wheat beer so thats OK... right?? One thing I have definitely gotten good at is rationalizing. I am the queen of that.

I know I am better than this, I know I will quit, someday...I want it today, but I don't. I know many of you can relate with this inner tug-a-war, it is the strangest thing. I feel sometimes I haven't hit rock bottom. Coming from a family of addicts who have overcome their addictions after hitting rock bottom. I have learned to moderate, just enough to still be a problem but not enough.... evidently, to make me really want to do something about it. I don't mean to come off like I have a problem and it is unfixable, it obviously is.... just not enough will power.

I have been a member for a while here. I mostly just read the posts, I have read the book, taken the supplements, listened to the Cd's, I have been slightly successfully, 3 days AF. So not quite good enough. I actually dream of a life without booze, sometimes the dream is a nightmare...a lot of how boring it will be, and what a change.... I mean what will I do...go to bed? Sometimes it is a great dream, one of clear mind, healthy soul, a good example to my children...etc. etc .
    I want it, but I am not feeling greatly motivated....weak is the word. Can somebody smack me...please? Well, I will continue to read and focus on becoming motivated, and since the web site made notice of my lack of participation(notice my titile) I will try to be more involved. Maybe that will help.

Gumby, nice to see you back ..........

Do you still have the supps???? They really help me get more AF days in,

Take the bull by the horns and 'go for it'!!!!!

BTW well done on better mods, baby steps work for many here .....

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

how much beer are you drinking gumby? maybe you are just not ready yet, sometimes it takes a while before one can say this is it.

are you waking up with hangovers? hangovers are usually the reason people start saying oh my god why did I do that?

you know, we don't say that when we start sipping that first drink. mmm mmm it feels too good.

so it;s good to have the picture in your head that says more than ____ of these and tomorrow I will be hurting.

Trix
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Gumby, I'm having trouble too. There are ever so many negative things Al is doing to me, but that nagging voice keeps piping in and saying that things just aren't all that bad. The constant voice, the seesawing, it's insane. I am going to try hard for an AF April. We have a couple threads going if you want to join!!
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Sounds like Gumpy has'nt been doing any Pooky !!!ha LOL!
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

hi there gumby good to see you post that shows some motivate. just keep on doing your best to stay incontrol of it before it takes control of you...god bless and peace
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
            X