Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ice pick headaches

hi again everyone
    just a little update on my progress. I found this site in January, went af for about 16 days and then tried to moderate. Since then I am both pleased and disappointed, I have however trying to focus on the pleased. It seems I cannot accept that I will cut out al altogether yet, however I have had numerous af free days and many in a row since my introduction to this site and I consider that great progress. I can understand how easy it is to slip into bad habits and the next day, curse myself for being so stupid, but i still do it, just not so often and I am so much more aware, and I care so much more, so all in all, a very positive result so far.

Anyway, now to my question: I suffer from what is commonly known as icepick headaches and am looking to see if anyone here also suffers from them. I have made the decision to completely cut out red wine to see if this has any effect in reducing or minimising these debillitating nuisance headaches. I also wonder, is alcohol in general, the culprit and until I monitor by way of diary for a few weeks, I won't know, Just wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on this?
    AF since 27th February 2011

ice pick headaches

oh Jeeees, Red wine gave me the worst of all hangovers. I'd never drink it unless I was totally desperate as it was the only hangover I couldn't deal with. Like a cold icepick digging in your brain, like you say!
    I think it might be due to the amount of Tannine in Red wine. Just avoid at all costs if you are going to drink a bottle or more! (imho)

Juat read this on Wiki-
    Tannins in wine have been described, particularly by novice drinkers, as having the effect of making wine difficult to drink compared to a wine with a lower level of tannins. Tannins can be described as leaving a dry and puckered feeling with a "furriness" in the mouth that can be compared to a stewed tea, which is also very tannic. This effect is particularly profound when drinking tannic wines without the benefit of food.
    'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
    From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

ice pick headaches

Hello, Wine.

Did you suffer from these headaches when you were AF for those 16 days? If so, was it just as often as now?

I think you probably should journal them and everything you drank and ate before the onset of one. Could be AL could be a reaction to something else. Are you on any meds at all?

I used to wake up with severe headaches when I drank too much wine. Wine had a worse effect on me than anything else.

Maybe others who have been through this can help more. Good luck!

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
      X