Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Thursday

Today's thought is:

If you would be loved, love and be lovable.
    --Benjamin Franklin

We all desire to be loved. Our common human characteristic is our need to count in someone else's life. At least one other person needs us, we tell ourselves, when we feel least able to accept life's demands. How alike we all are. The paradox is that our own need for love is lessened when we bestow it on others. Give it away and it returns. A promise, one we can trust.

The reality about love and its path from sender to receiver and back again is often distant from our minds. More often we stew and become obsessed with the lack of love's evidence in our lives. Why isn't he smiling? Why didn't she care? Has someone more interesting taken our place? Choosing to offer love, rather than to look for it, will influence every experience we have. Life will feel gentler, and the rewards will be many and far reaching.

Loving others promises me the love I desire. But I can't expect it if I don't give it first.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Noelle,
    Incredible thought..gives the mind something to chew on today!
    Thanks!
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

hug me..

Noelle when i read this i had to immediately change my avatar. i am so loved even strangers want a hug? i have to be careful at meetings one man said yesterday you looked good the first day i met you! good thing you can't reach me... from the computer...

Comment

hug me..

Noelle when i read this i had to immediately change my avatar. i am so loved even strangers want a hug? i have to be careful at meetings one man said yesterday you looked good the first day i met you! good thing you can't reach me... from cyber-land :H

Comment

Noelle--I think that is very true! Deep down, that is one of the main reasons we want to have children. Have a great day!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Nice one Noelle, I am back to my horrible job on Monday with horrible bit*h colleagues, think will annoy the hell out of them by being extremely nice and loving towards them just to see what happens, that is making me smile already.

Lx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Tea.....kill 'em with kindness! It works!

Comment

foot matches face!

yes kindness kills the beast! good words of advice Noelle. :nanner:

see what drinking did to my FOOT? :tonguemonkey:

Comment

I'm just full of it today, aren't I?

Comment

Working...
                  X