Thoughts on sobriety...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on sobriety...

Thought I'd post this here as well as a response in another thread...It was a response to not feeling some 'magical' new self...

I think I am More of myself than I was before. I am more relaxed in general. I feel things more, at least the good stuff. I don't have guilt or feel like I'm letting someone down. I am participating in life more. I have hopes for the future. New opportunities have presented themselves and I don't feel so self-conscious like I don't deserve them. I don't have the extreme highs and lows (adrenaline rush that makes you want to celebrate.. or sulk). I feel more centered.

Trust me.. after I fell and had a few last Friday night.. we don't even realize how much we've changed, even in a short time, until we fall. Don't find out. I realized what I would be throwing away..

I know that you have grown more than you even know...

Who do you want to be.. you today? or you a month, six months, a year ago or more.... ?
    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Thoughts on sobriety...

Oh definately me today. No question about it. I'm not sure that I've changed personality-wise, but I sure feel a LOT better! I still have the highs that I had before, but I don't get the lows from suffering through the day after. I'm feeling so much happier, day by day. I don't ever want to go back to that depressed person I was before.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
    X