Holy Moses; Chalton Heston died !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just heard that one of my favorite Movie stars passed away yesterday. ( Charlton Heston ). I can remember going to see all his movies when I was a kid. He was one of a kind ! IADray:
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Yes he was. We lost a good one.

Miso :heart:

Comment

I admit I had mixed feelings when I heard this news this morning.

I strongly disagreed with Heston's politics - strongly.

But the fact is that he was a truly great actor with great talent. One of the great ones.

And let's face it girls, he was a HUNK!! Seems that he always made movies with half his clothes off. OK by me!
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Charlton Heston certainly made movie history as Moses. Yes, he was a good actor. I also agree that I did not agree with him on any level regarding polititics!

No, dear Mags, sorry, never was he, my cup of tea!!! But I am sure that a lot of women did find him to be a "Hunk"!

May he rest in peace! And his family find comfort.
        KH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

We got us some liberals here, eh? LOL Ditto. I didn't agree w/his politics, but I enjoyed his acting and he was not hard on the eye.

Comment

He was a Great actor.. He was also Pres of the NRA for quite a while...

He will be missed...
            P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
            - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

' I quess I really did'nt care much about his poltics....But did you know that back in the 60's he marched with Martin Luther King....and back rights for every one ! Just a thought ...IAD !
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

I didn't even know he was an activist in politics other than I saw him waving a gun on a clip they ran this morning on the Today show! NRA - huh? What was his "beef".? Politicly? I like the fact he was married to the same woman for all those years! Must be a fairly decent guy!!

Liv
                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

I voted for him!:goodjob: I'm ALL for keeping our right to bear arms.

"When guns are outlawed,..ONLY outlaws will HAVE guns."

RIP Charlton...:h
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Great actor! He had a great 84 years of life with many successes. He will be missed.

Comment

Sanit Jude,
                      Your right....Everyone has the right to bare arms, bare legs, and anything else you'ld like to bare !!!!
                      I once went to Canada to hunt bare.......I should of wore clothes !Ha ! LOL !
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

HESTON DEMANDS RIGHT TO SHOOT ANGELS

DEAD acting legend Charlton Heston has launched a campaign for the right to shoot angels with a variety of high powered assault weapons.

Is heaven run by nancy boys?

The 84 year-old, who played Moses, Ben Hur and himself in an episode of Friends, said his heavenly gun rack would be used primarily to shoot the souls of dead animals, including dead deer, dead rabbits and dead pigeons.

But he insisted he and other dead people had a right to protect themselves with a machine gun if an angel broke into their cloud.
                        Heaven is a relatively crime-free area with gun ownership restricted to licensed hunters and a handful of the bigger saints.

Heston said last night: "I thought heaven was supposed to be a free country. Instead I find it in the grip of hippy communists, pansies and sissy-boy abortion doctors.

"What are these people afraid of? If you've done nothing wrong then the chances of me shooting you are reduced significantly."

He added: "As someone who played Moses in a film, I think I'm more qualified than most to speak on behalf of God.

"The Almighty loves nothing more than spending a weekend in the woods, talking about the Constitution and polishing his favourite Uzi 9mm."

Heston arrived in heaven shortly after a gun had been prised from his cold, dead hands, as predicted.
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

And after "get your hands off me you dirty ape" that statement from his cold dead hands somes it up!!! More guns please America. Great actor may he finally rest in peace shame about his political views but he would defend them with a gun and his life and he has every right some would say..

Comment

yeh
                            a lotof people ddint like him supporting the nra
                            but he was a mavrick ie in his political views
                            society is going down hill

Comment

Working...
                            X