A Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Warning

Just to let y'all know, even with a strong personality like I have, I slipped last night. I have a four in my drink tracker but it wasn't four drinks, it was four shots of gin, which I don't even like. And believe me, I feel like DEATH today!

I had some very bad days and AL was just sitting there waiting for me. He won this time, but he will not win again. I've always known I'm not perfect, but this really showed me I *do* need to ask for help and that I *can't* do this on my own.

So please learn from my mistake. Ask for help!! There is always help for you here. I found that out last night when many people were there for me. They might have been able to stop me, had I asked earlier. But since I didn't ask, we'll never know.

ASK FOR HELP!! It's there!! Use it!! I cannot stress this enough.

:h to everyone who was there for me. I don't forget things like that.

This is not a give me sympathy post, it's a WARNING to y'all. I don't want anyone to feel like I do today.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

A Warning

Noelle, How like you to think of what we can learn from you during this time. Asking for help is not easy, particularly for those of us that are percieved as "strong". Truly, we are just more highly skilled and toughing up and appearing strong, so as not to inconvenience others! From reading here, I see that many of us, learned at a very young age, how to tough it out......not appear self pitying, etc. But, you are so right, when it comes to AL, we must learn to reach out, immediately! We simply cannot beat this on our own!!

I reached out a while back, and was stunned at the love and support that I received.......and, I didn't drink! I am not very good, still, about reaching out to others, but I am working on this! We are learning Noelle, and learning and working at this is what we must do! Sobriety is so worth it!

Thank You!

xxxxxxxxxKate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

A Warning

Glad you're back on track.

Last year at 7 months I became overwhelmed because I did not speak my mind. I did not let those around me know I was doing too much, taking on too many things just because I thought I could handle them because I was now sober for 7 months. My biggest mistake. I told myself I would never do that again. It is not a sign of weakness to ask for help even after weeks/months/yrs of sobriety. Instead it is a sign of competency.

:l Noelle-hope you feel better soon.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

A Warning

How right you are Noelle.
        If I had not told my hubby I was no longer drinking I would have had a drink last night because he would have been none the wiser. I know we need to do this for ourselves but if we tell someone in the beginning when we are no so strong it keeps us in check and accountable.
        ~Laura

Insanity
        : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

A Warning

awww... good you're not beating yourself up about it.....

I know what you mean... I could have been in here on Friday and posted what was going on in my life days before yesterday... :duh: on me..

Thank you for the warning.. we should never feel 'safe' from the beast...

:hug:
          P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
          - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

A Warning

Noelle, my heart goes out to you, hun. Please don't put yourself through hell over this.
            You know the drill, so I won't bore you there. You will persevere. I know you will.

Thank you for your honesty. It's so important that we learn not to let our guard down.

And what are we all doing here if not to ask for help? Lesson learned.

Take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon. :h

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

A Warning

your post tells me that you are on the right path. I think it is helpful to read it. it makes me feel like we can
              really help and love each other and from that we can all heal and become who we are meant to be.

very positive noelle
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

A Warning

hi there...noelie..good to see you dusted yourself off and get back on the bull of life and ride .dont worry it happens to the best of us. and the main thing is that you have learn .you are not alone in this fight against al .we are here for you...peace and god bless
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

A Warning

Thanks fo the words of wisdom

AL will always be there - so we have to find a way to deal. Asking fo help is important, but not easy to do. Tomorrow is a new day............:new:

Comment

A Warning

Thanks, Noelle, for your honesty. My thoughts are with you more than I can put
                    into words right now. :flower:
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

A Warning

My uncle, who had a way with words, said this:
                      Get your a$$ up and get back on that horse!
                      Go ride, Noelle, go ride!
                      You can do this!
                      BHOG
                      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

A Warning

Noelle

Your words are so full of wisdom. None of us - not one of us - does this alone. We need each other and will always be there for one another. We can only do this when we call for help when we need it and when we heed the call when we are able. That's what MWO is.

I'm so glad to see you doing better today. Onward and upward, my friend!
                        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

A Warning

courage - your middle name

Noelle - Courage

Thank you sweetie for your honesty - your warning - and your determination to turn this into a bump- rather than the full out crash. You know what to do. I am just amazed at your steadfast resolve. Someday if/when I fall - I feel so much safer sharing it here - because of those here that have fallen - admitted it - and got RIGHT back with the program. It is SOOOOOOOO assuring to me - that this is a walk we will all take for the rest of our lives - not a run to the finish line.

Such big hugs to you today -
                          Liv
                          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

A Warning

Noelle,
                            Thanks for this post and your honesty. :thanks: You have given me the courage to ask for help. I too drank again this weekend. I get an Af stretch going then....start thinking stupid thoughts.. and convince myself...it's no big deal..there are worse things ? thinking a glass of wine will be okay then next the bottle is gone...
                            the sad, mad, guilty shameful thoughts are all back....
                            crap this is way harder than I ever thought it would be.
                            I have to really finally admit to myself duh...I am addicted
                            Your posted helped me to forgive myself, and just start over....
                            Thanks again for so honest and human
                            G

Comment

A Warning

Noelle,
                              Thank you for your honesty. Sometimes on the boards it seems that everyone is doing so well and then we get a real down to earth post that this is life. You have impacted many by sharing these thoughts. Thank you
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X