Time to spread my wings a bit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been doing a lot of thinking the past few weeks about my new life. It is starting to get very comfortable. Don't get me wrong, I definately have my up and down days, but now I am able to cope with them. I watch them come and I watch them go. The trick is to watch them, not attach to them. I don't make them into bigger situations than they are, even if they feel really big. I don't turn myself into a tornado and spin out taking everything and everyone with me.. I just observe the bad and the good and ride it out. I add the good into the mix here because the good is many times when I want to drink. I want to drink when I feel great, when the sun is shining, when work is done and I have had a fantastic day. When I have the bubbly feeling inside of me. Those are the days that I notice I really think more about drinking. So I must watch the good days as closely as the bad.

But, I also notice I am starting to feel lonely, a bit stagnant. So, I have decided it is time to take my little self out into the world. It is really scary! I moved here 13 years ago with a man, a man who knew a lot of people here. I knew no one. I had a child and met my former husband. He has been in this town since 1972, so he knows everyone. I have a few close friends, but I have never really formed a group of people around me. Everyone knows me, from work and my ex husband, but I haven't really let too many people in. I have never been too involved in activities, I think mainly becasue I thought it would interfere with my "downtime" aka, drinking time. I was selfish with that time. Funny how volunteering, going to lectures, just getting involved doesn't really mesh with drinking.. go figure! Well, I have a burning desire to give back now.. I must.

I have joined the gym again. Hired a personal trainer who is also a good friend and client. I will train 3x per week and take classes the other two days. I have decied I am going to go back to group meditation on Wednesday nights. And lastly, I am going to just get out of the house. To movies, lectures, art walks, reading in a coffee house, getting involved in subjects I am passionate about - anything I can do. THERE IS SO MUCH OUT THERE! I have 10 days a month where I do not have my daughter and I am going to go and find myself a GOOD LIFE! I actually set a goal to be out at least two nights out of the week on the nights I don't have my daughter.

So, if you see a little less of me, you know I am out there somewhere spreading my wings. Oh, and thank you Maxman wherever you are for giving me wings. He made a sculpure of me and gave her wings. I have it saved to my desktop.. He knew before I did :h

I will still be here, for sure. I can't leave!! Just maybe not every night. :h

Thank you all for giving me the strength to become someone I really like, someone who I think others will like, too. BIG SMILE!

90 days and I am just opening my eyes.. like a newborn baby.

Namste, my friends.

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Thank you MM....

what a wonderful and inspiring post.

P4T
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Namaste MM
      Marcie

Comment

I'm happy to hear it MM. Keep us all apprised of your happenings until it becomes TMI!:H

:l :l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

MM, First of all I hope you have signed up with the trainerfor 5:30 AM so I don't feel lonely. :H I remember being betwen hubbys and lived alone and my calendar was packed. I did all kinds of things with all kinds of interesting people. AL is very selfish and posessive. Good for you. I've been thinking along those lines as well. I sort of feel like a baby bird with little wings but I'm going to grow big ones and soar! I had a flying dream once in which I flew superman style through mountain valleys following rivers and the next day I walked into work and quit my job. Not that I reccomend that, but it was quite freeing. The major component of the dream is...... I was hanging onto a tree branch looking out over the area thinking I wish I could fly around in there. And my little voice said "You can! All you have to do is let go!" And I did and flew. And I had never flown in a dream before. Now THAT is a dream eh?

Namaste back at you, GF :h
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

hi there..mm..wow its a big world out there .be sure to keep your guard up . you are a very strong women.you are the only one that can control your life and you want more to life go grab it .spread those wings and fly. good luck and god bless
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

MM: you are one of my heroes here. Thank you for this post. I moved back to this city 5 years ago with my ex; marriage blew up; I hid away. Have been held prisoner by Al and my shyness. You have inspired me. thank you!!:h:h
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

greeneyes;305767 wrote: I was hanging onto a tree branch looking out over the area thinking I wish I could fly around in there. And my little voice said "You can! All you have to do is let go!"
                Wonderful, Greenie! Just wonderful. I am letting go... That puts into words exactly how I have been feeling. Thank you.

You should revisit that dream yourself, my dear friend... :h

xoxoxoxxox

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

MM,

Good luck and keep us posted on your fun.

July

Comment

I found your post very inspiring... and I too have been thinking of volunteering somewhere close as a way to get out of the house. I don't want to take on too much too soon though...

There is an animal shelter not far away and I love animals.. and they love me.. so I'm thinking about doing that.

Do you think it's too soon since I just started this 'program' two weeks ago?

Thank you for your insight mm...

:hug:
                    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

dexterhead;305774 wrote: MM: you are one of my heroes here. Thank you for this post. I moved back to this city 5 years ago with my ex; marriage blew up; I hid away. Have been held prisoner by Al and my shyness. You have inspired me. thank you!!:h:h
                      hehe Dex... I can relate. But I've been alone since 95 really.. as far as living with someone. The other side to that is we get into our own way of doing things... .. and I included AL more than anything else in it!!
                      P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                      - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

[QUOTE=Palatia;305782]Do you think it's too soon since I just started this 'program' two weeks ago?[QUOTE]

I don't think it is too soon. The animal shelter sounds perfect.. I should have thought of that. Unconditional love and not too much conversation - sounds like a perfect start!

Stay in touch..

Namaste,

MM

Comment

Palatia;305782 wrote: Do you think it's too soon since I just started this 'program' two weeks ago?
                          I don't think it is too soon. The animal shelter sounds perfect.. I should have thought of that. Unconditional love and not too much conversation - sounds like a perfect start!

Stay in touch..

Namaste,

MM

Comment

I loved your post MM and esp. love that it is also showing all of us that we can also spread our wings.

Thank you!

Namaste

Palatia,

Let us know how the voluntering goes. I know it will be a great experience for you and our 4 legged friends.

Comment

My dear friend

Wow M M - what a beautiful post. I printed it off - because it is exactly where I want to be in my life. I think I have a few anxieties about spreading the wings yet - but I can feel it's on the horizon. I have come to love you so - like a sister, a long known friend ... the type were you can show up in the old worn sweats, hair pulled up in a pony tail with two large mugs of starbucks --- I just love you so.

As you walk with the sunshine to your back - remember that shadow in front of you powers your steps because of where you have been. There is no obstacle greater than that power that is behind you.

We WILL keep in step -

Namaste

Liv
                              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                              X