Horrible message in PM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OUCH!! Sorry that happened to you. Take the high road and delete the PM and put on ignore. On the other hand, who knows what was on that person's page at that moment. To lash out anonomously with misdirection is easier than facing his/her issue at hand. Whipping Post I believe is what the Allman Brother's called it. Simply forgive the person and set your boundaries as described above. Keep on moving forward. You have many hands on your backside. Not that it's large or anything, :H just lots of support.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Palatia: that's horrid. I agree with everyone above. You are valued here, and being judged and bashed in your early days of sobriety is pure BS.:l:l Try to ignore it.
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Palatia:
        I just read your post about the horrible PM you received. Obviously this person doesn't like themself very much and has problems. You do not have to explain yourself to anyone!!
        I also drink a ton of herbal tea all day long to keep myself AF and I've slipped quite a few times but realize this is a struggle and so I just keep getting back up and trying again. You have a 19 year old son that lives at home and eats your food, uses electricity, water etc? Damn right he should be contributing! It's the REAL world and nothing is for free. Oh, I believe in helping your kids out but not giving them a free ride. Oh, and the volunteering?? Wow! What's up with that upsetting the person that PMd you? I too volunteer at a senior center about 15 hours a week and I love it. It's very rewarding. I just want to say that you did not deserve that email. Try to stay positive and keep on trying. Thank you for posting that so that all can see.
        Good luck to you.

Love and Peace
        When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
        -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

agree with all the above

:bang
          Wow. Some people.
          Palacia, you have been one of the most supportive and open people on this forum. You've been here many, many times for all of us to give us positive and helpful insights. How awful that someone can't be a positive influcence back for you. I would suggest you use the option of blocking that person from your PM list. And I beg you to keep up your good work to our little community here. You're the best! We're here as a sounding board and to listen to you, not to criticize you (or anyone, for that matter). Apparently some people don't understand that.
          :l Owlet

Comment

Palatia,
            I'm really sorry that someone has sent this to you also. I have never had a bad PM (thank god) and I think I would truely be shocked if I did. Not because I am some kind of upstanding perfect person, but more that someone has gone to the time to send me a 'negative' PM, rather than a supportive one.
            The tone of the PM sounds like someone upset and possibly going through their own issues and is looking out to vent.
            Please don't be upset by someone that is obviously having a bad day (or week or whatever).
            You are a valued member of these boards and it sounds like you are doing really well with your AF days and the upbringing of your son.
            Do the volunteer work - it really does make you feel a great sense of achievement.
            x
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Palatia, I am so sorry that you have received such a horrible pm. Whoever that person is, I hope they are reading all these replies and feeling very ashamed of themselves. You deserve an apology, it was totally out of order.

Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

P....I am sorry you got this PM.
                You continue doing what ever you need to do to move forward, and stay strong and sober! *hugs*

love and hugs,
                K
                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Oh Palatia :l

The world is full of them, even on this website. This too would have bothered me if it was PM'd to me, because we tend to take things personal. What we should do is feel sorry for this person who vented on you because they have their own problems, and don't know how to ask for help.

You count your AF days any way you want. If drinking herbal tea is your way out, then by all means, drink up.

You're doing great. This is really a good site with a lot of wonderful people

So glad you shared that with us instead of keeping it all to yourself :goodjob:
                  Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Soory Hon!
                    I just do not see the point in saying hurtful things. WTF is up with some people?!
                    Just tell that person they can kiss your :moon:.
                    ~Laura

Insanity
                    : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

Who?

Anyway, just ignore and do what's best for you.

I love this board, but it has "changed" or maybe I was just to new to know what it truly was.

There are some great folks here, Palatia, so let them keep you coming back and continuing with your continued sobriety.

Comment

Thanks so much all..!!! :hug:

I hope this thread will die now so new ppl don't think that's normal.. I know it's not. It is the most supportive place I've seen..

But I do want to say.. that for someone to take your story... and other posts.. in a place you consider 'safe' to discuss things you can't with Anybody else... and then attack you with it personally... is UNFORGIVABLE in my opinion...especially when they don't really know what they're talking about... That person is now on my ignore list...
                        P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                        - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Palatia;308094 wrote: Thanks so much all..!!! :hug:

I hope this thread will die now so new ppl don't think that's normal.. I know it's not. It is the most supportive place I've seen..

But I do want to say.. that for someone to take your story... and other posts.. in a place you consider 'safe' to discuss things you can't with Anybody else... and then attack you with it personally... is UNFORGIVABLE in my opinion...especially when they don't really know what they're talking about... That person is now on my ignore list...
                          HA! TELL ME ABOUT IT!

You continue to take care of YOU! In the end, that is all that matters!

Drink that tea! :l

Comment

I know you want it to stop but I have to add! I have enjoyed every comment you have made since you started posting and I hope you don't ever stop! You are helping motivate me! :thanks:

Comment

Palatia, I know you want this thread to die, and that's understandable--what happened to you sucks! But this seems as good a place as any to tell you that you inspired me to try drinking some tea. I'm a major morning coffee drinker, and I like iced tea. You made that tea of yours sound so good! I ordered some "Detox Teas" and now that's what I have in the morning!! How great is that!!?? Thank you!! And hang in there!

:l:h:goodjob:
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

P, I know that you want it to die, but i've only just spotted it and wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel, it has happened to me in the past and makes you feel dreadful .........

I personally am proud of your succes ........... I agree, put the person on ignore ......

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                                X