Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croft's 11 Rules for Sobbering up on MWO

Croft,

Wonderful list. Humor and insight often go together, I think.

Can we add to your rules? If so, then:

Rule 12. AF days are like small weights. Alcohol days are too. (Now, think scales of justice) Our goal is to keep adding as many small weights as we need to keep our lives in balance. Some of us need a lot of consecutive AF weights, some don't. I, for one, am going to add up all those AF days from my childhood and throw them on the heap at once.

July

Comment

July - good idea for another rule - I will add it right away!!!
      Rule 11 was actually added by another poster, so yes add away!

Comment

Thankyou Croft. I have been looking at this site for 6 days and only had 1 day AF. Today I hope will be another AF day after reading that. It made me cry for the first time being on this site. I will keep redaing it!!!!:l

Comment

I can't believe I missed this till now. Awesome!

Comment

Croft-

Thank you so much for posting this again, I am printing it out and it is going on my inspiration board in my office....

I am so glad I found this community...the thoughts and encouragement are overwhelming. I am still such a newbie and treading water?.trying to figure out what will work for me and what is not. So far no AF days, but much less drinking going on?and that IS a start.

Take care, Saje :h
            Saje

Comment

nice to hear!

Such positive and comforting words! Thank you for sharing them! I, too, printed them out to have on hand if I ever feel I've been "weak." It'll be my pick-me-up!:thanks:
              Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Comment

Loved IT

LMAO. I'm on day 7 AF and really needed that. I love number 5. Thank you.
                AF since 1/1/2011

Comment

Funny, comforting and inspirational - I'm printing these out too.

:thanks:

Comment

July

that is hilarious. Can I count mine from the past as well?

Comment

Croft, you put a smile on my face hope your in good spirits dear. come chat soon eh?
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I think the "days in a row" counting of sobriety comes from AA. It kinds of reminds me of years ago when we were told if you don't excercise atleast 3 times a week, it doesn't help your body....at all! I never believed it; any exercise is better than none! Same with any reduction in alcohol consumption, there are no set rules because it's all good : )
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                        X