X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 day thread!!!!!what a legent

Croft,
    You are a legend!!!!
    When you started this thread of 30 days, I was right there with you.
    But you have stayed there and somehow I have drifted off to another place.
    Good On You!!!!!
    I will get there though (don't know when, but soon)
    xxxxx

You will get there debruce. Keep working it. what are you doing as far as the program? Have you read RJ's book? Just checking to see what has worked for you - what hasn't worked for you?

Croft rocks - your right!
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thanks for replying living free,
      I have read the book, have bought the kudzu and have taken naltrexone and campral off and on.
      What frightens me the most if not the fact that all these pills etc work for me, it is my head. And I don't know how to get it in the right place!!!!
      I not only want to be AF, but I think that I have to be.
      BUT......
      I would get my head in the right place, but NO, then I decide that I should have a drink..........but does it stop there.....Oh No it doesn't
      1 for the others, then another 1 for me.....why do I do that. Do I need to???? How bizarre, they are quite happy to go home.
      BUT NO NOT ME...............

Comment

Absolutely,

KUDOS to Croft!
        (that and damn, the girl is F-U-N-N-Y)

I am working on "getting there" myself...and have jumped on a few 30 day band wagons, only to find myself left in the dirt, watching it carry on with out me...rubbing my sore arse, and wondering WTF???

I am using all the supps, but no prescriptions yet, and can't yet afford the cds, but have the book.
        Me personally, I am considering Antabuse, because I think I may have to absolutly REMOVE the possibilty to drink completely from the table.

Never give up...to quote my favorite green bean..."keep on keeping on"

love and hugs,
        K
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hey Debruce,
          I am too 'getting there'....
          I have decided to order some Antabuse, which with the decision of 'to drink or not' taken out of my hands...all should be well.
          I am a great abstainer in the mornings (good time to take the tablet), but a poor moderator in the evenings.
          x
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hi Debruce
            I think you just have to accept that some people can drink in moderation (and go home!) others like you and me cannot. Once you accept that it makes it is a lot easier mentally. The mental struggle is the addiction telling you that you have to have the alcohol although rationally you know it is not what you want. Following the programme whatever version you find for yourself is the key. Antabuse sounds like it might be a good way to go for you as there is no decision to be made other than take the little white pills. I have found my own version in Champix as I cannot get any other meds in NZ and it has totally taken the cravings away but if that doesnt work long term I will try the AB but at this stage I feel on top of it even though its only day 12 today.
            Good luck and keep posting.
            BH

Comment

Debruce - there are quite a few people here doing quite well with Antabuse - you should check out that thread in the meds forum - Cindi started a thread over there that has a LOT of good information!
              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and good advice.
                I too am thinking that Antabuse may be the way for me to go. If the decision is taken out of my hands I can work on the other side of things.
                Have a good day

Comment

Working...
                X