How come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come?

I found MWO 3 weeks ago and launched myself into a program of some suppliment & vitamins, improved diet and 18 of 21 days AF.

Now I'm sick and feeling very sorry for myself. Just a really bad cold - but I never get sick!! Mr J says that my body was so pickled that no germs could have survived!

Anyone else suffered from physical meltdown after trying to improve?

Take care
    xxx
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

How come?

jinja!

Give yourself kudos for even being alcohol free for one day. Some of these MWO folk are much hardier than I am. Some of us are not brave enough to even try one day AF. I give myself kudos for even cutting down. But the folk who've followed the program are my heros. I hope to get there eventually. Each step counts. Whatta crappy addiction.....do what you must. The support will follow here. Let us know of your victories, those of us who struggle will gain strength from even the smallest of victories! This is the most responsive and acceptable forum I've tried in the last ten years. I might actually get to a healthier place.....many blessings on your journey.......

Comment

How come?

Hi,

Yes, the first time I did 30 days ( i'm a mods person) I was ill around the half way mark but it went. I found day 5 hard and day 19. Keep on-it's worth it.

Hope you feel better soon.:armsaround:
      Enough is enough

Comment

How come?

Hi Jinja,

I quit smoking March 1, found this site around the same time. I quit drinking during the week, and drank too much and smoked a little twice during a 2 week period. Except for the 2 hangovers I felt really good. Then I got sick! I had a sore throat, turned into laryngitis, cough, and severe fatigue. I started taking antibiotics 1 week ago, but I'm still not totally well. I have a slight headache everyday, and I'm still so tired! It's getting really old! I have been AF/NF for 2 weeks now. I'm doing the supplements and started the ALLone last weekend.
        WTF!!! I think I just got hit hard with this crud because I 'm like you, I never get sick--and maybe that's it, the AL keeps the bugs away!! Regardless, I'm not giving up. When this weather straightens out I'm getting out there and walking, get some weight off and some badly needed fresh air!!! Next, I MIGHT even attempt a detox diet (but don't tell Livingfree, okay?) Hang in there with me!!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

How come?

When I was able to stop for a couple of weeks; I felt absolutely horrible. I got a cold as well..I was eating better, sleeping better and generally a much happier person; then it all turned around and I found I was sad a lot. It's amazing what alcohol does to your body. I'm slowly cutting back, but it's very hard and it's a struggle sometimes.

Comment

How come?

I came back from rehab with a cold - but also met someone through work who lives in a similar area of the country and he had a similar cold too.

I just think I would have gotten it anyway - it's just one of those things but easy to focus on when you are cutting out something.

My view is nothing can feel as bad as I did when I was drinking! Remember the hang overs and feeling so awful with the sweats etc. At least a cold just sorts itself out.

My 2p.

Comment

Working...
            X