Concerned about my family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the last month my hubby has been drinking beer, not whisky. It's a small step but I still can't get over his mean streak that pops up now and again. It sends me into a rage and I want to pound him! My daughter is fed up with him and wants to golive with her school friend. Unfortunately, she's under age otherwise, I might just let her! She stands up for me when I can't open my mouth.On the other hand I have to deal with him and her emotional teenage behaviour!
    I'm exhausted! Feel slightly dead inside yet my sense of humour manages to float me to the top again.
    You need a sense of humour, not only for your alcie hubby, teenage daughter but also with the way our country is going! We have load shedding 3 times a week from 8 to 10pm.
    The upsid:He is that hubby goes to bed early!

Welcome Artcat,

Sorry to hear about your family troubles. Unfortunately, alcohol and rage are bossom buddies. You mentioned that your husband has a problem with Al (alcohol), do you? If not, and you are looking for some support in dealing with him you might check out the forum "Family members affected by drinking". It is on the Introduction and General Discussion page. You may also want to check out Al-anon.com (don't know if the hyphen is in there or not). If you are here for your drinking too, then keep reading and keep posting. Again, welcome.

Miso :heart:

Comment

Hi Artcat and Welcome,

There is a great book out named The Verbally Abusive Relationship which should be of help to you, whether your husband is drinking or not. It has lots of helpful tips on how to deal with someone who is treating you abusively in the moment (even if they are terrific otherwise).

Alanon is a great idea as well. You will get a lot of support and build a network of friends who have the same issue. Our Family Members forum will also provide some information and help.

All the best.

:l :l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
      X