Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who I admire

Other than many of you here, of course.

Jamie Lee Curtis. I get AARP Magazine (that's revealing isn't it?) and my friends would tease me about it. She's on the cover this month. I have read some interviews about her before. Raise your hand if you knew she was an alcoholic. She's a REAL hero for me.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Who I admire

No hand raised here, but wow...interesting.
    heros???....i
    've met many here, do they count?

Comment

Who I admire

Of course! Everyone counts. We are undercover here. She's very public. Not public exposure via the rehab or jail kind of thing; just honest and open. She volunteered the information. I find that impressive. Of course if your job is on the line and you are not indepeneently wealtlhy, well then you kind of can't be quite so public. Still, I'm in admiration of her.
      sigpic

Comment

Who I admire

I've read about her before, maybe in Oprah and read the article in AARP. She is inspiring. She is very much into her recovery.

Comment

Who I admire

Yes, she was on Oprah just the other day, and I was thinking the same thing. I did not know that she was an alcoholic. She is very down to earth. When she left she took her sweater off to show everyone how her arm flab wobbled when she waved!:H
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Who I admire

I did not know that she was in recovery. Still a darn good looking woman.

Comment

Who I admire

always liked her. she looked like a supermodel in "true lies".

what methodology is she following for sobriety?
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Who I admire

Jamie Lee Curtis Interview: Starring as Herself: Performing and Pretending | Movie Celebs | Reader's Digest
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Who I admire

Cool, det. Thanks for the link. I had not read that. I did see the "More" article. See what I mean? She's amazing!
                  sigpic

Comment

Who I admire

It's like sobriety. It doesn't matter how much time I have. I'm an addict, and I have to be vigilant in taking care of myself. I'd lie to you if I just said, "Oh, yeah, I'm fine, sober forever." That's not how it works. The perspective is to look at sobriety as a daily reprieve from my addictive nature.
                    I know many will disagree with Jamie Lee Curtis but I thought it was a really nice quote from the article. I love the idea that sobriety is a REPRIEVE from our addiction - a positive.

Thanks Det and Greenie!

Love,
                    Cindi
                    XXIX
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X