Did anyone hear this song on Idol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine sent me this link and I just cannot get enough of this song. I missed the Idol Gives show which it was on, but if anyone purchases this song off of Itunes the proceeds go to help AIDs in Africa (I think?). This song is just soul stirring......

[ame= ]YouTube - Annie Lennox - Many Rivers to Cross - American Idol[/ame]
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

It's truly a beautiful song, and I've loved it for years. It was originally written and recorded by Jimmy Cliff, a reggae artist, in 1969, if your into music trivia.
    "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

I learned that after I researched the song. Don't know how I have never heard this song. I heard his version and they are so similar.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I recall Jimmy Cliff's recording. Annie is very different in that video. I wish I could sing. I have so much inside that I can't figure out how to release. Unfortunately, I could not sing my way out of a :anon:
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Toni Childs has a brilliant version also.

Comment

Lushy, thanks for sharing that. Annie Lennox is one of my all time favorites. I think she has an amazing voice. I the boxed set of 25th Anniversary of SNL, just because her 5 minute performance brought down the house. lol She's such a powerful singer.

Thanks again.

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
            X