Here I go again..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started MWO in October of 2007 and felt really good about it. However, I am not strong when it comes to drinking. I really want to stop this time. I've gone several days and felt so much better and looked better as well. I thought about stopping off after work to an AA meeting, I've been a couple of time but felt so awkward. I need every piece of advise or encouragment that is available. And if you pray, I need a lot of those.

Thank you for reading this plea for help!

With love, Theresa

Hello!

Hi Morning Girl!
    Welcome!
    I only joined the MYO forum about a month ago so early days for me.
    Not sure if you are following the programme and taking all the supps etc. - I am still waiting on some things that I have ordered so so far it has been cold turkey - not easy - have managed 6 days so far AF in a row and then had two bad slips over the last 10 days. One was really bad and really gave me a shock so I am going to try real hard and do it this time. I just don't think I will ever be able to moderate so now I am on Day 5 again and whenever I start thinking I want a drink I just think of how I felt one morning last week when I woke up and what the consequences could have been.
    Even without the supps etc just reading the posts here have really helped.
    Good luck!
    Bandit
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Thanks very much for responding, Bandit. I know this is not going to be easy, but I have to do it. I just want to cry. I wish I didn't have this stupid problem. I will try my very best to be strong and read and read and read.

Again, thank you very much!

Theresa

Comment

Hi morninggirl--
        If you've been here before, does that mean you have the book, supps and cd's?

I do pray, and I will definately add you to my prayers!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi LVT25,

Yes, I have it all. It is so much easier to open a bottle of wine than it is to listen to my cd's. I know that sounds pathetic, but true. Even after a night of too much driinking, (I drink alone) I wake up and swear I will not drink today, then 4:00pm comes along and I'm ready to open another bottle. I am hoping beyond hope that this will be it. I want to feel good, look better and not lose whatever respect I have left in those of whom I love.

I'm feeling a little bad today after drinking 2 bottles of wine yesterday. So, that's always helpful to get past the first day.

But yes, since you pray, I would love to be included in yours. I was talking to God and asked him to help me. Infact, I told him to help me. I was to be a success and feel good that I don't drink.

Thank you so much! Theresa

Comment

Working...
          X