hit in the head with a brick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on this board for a while, usually just reading and learning.

Some of you know the stress that I have experienced the last 7 months (separation). Well all of that is starting to peak.

I have found who my true friends are over this time. Now I can count them on one hand. This has been exhilerating and scary. Not really thinking about AL anymore (he never was my friend anyways), really enjoying life in a way that I didn't before. Stifling existance is over.

Anyways, one of my new friends, a woman, has been very supportive the last 2 months. We have a tremendous amount in common, much more than I had with my ex. She cares about me both physically and mentally.

Long story, short: I was having a few beers at a friend's house (male), hitting some golf balls and bsing. Woman phones unexpectedly. Immediately knows that I had been drinking; which I admitted (I was moderating nicely and in control). The conversation was fine, but afterwards I felt like poo. I left the party, went home and worked in the gardens.

I realized last night that I can be with great people and make friendships without AL. DUHHH. I never want to hurt anyone again. This woman is very special to me; and we have a lot of things to work out. We have had a glass of wine together over dinner. I don't even know if I finished mine.....that is her affect on me.

I want to continue on this correct path. I actually like myself today.

Thanks for listening....
    -maybe, is the new maybe-

thankx for sharing . good luck, peace and god bless
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Sounds like you not only realized what effect drinking had on you, even moderate drinking but what effect this woman had on you. Hit with a brick, indeed!

I believe in you hon!

Comment

Treeman, all the best in your relationship with this special lady .......

You deserve it .......

BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

This could just be the best thing tree. Just the best. Good luck and glad to see you on the boards again.

Myra

Comment

It sounds to me like you WANT to have a clear mind when you are with her! What a great beginning to a relationship!
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
            X