Am I Normal? (BBC2 at 9.00pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is interested this looks like an interesting program tonight. Below is the online write up on the BBC web site. For those in the US and further afield you may be able to catch this tomorrow night on the web site as part of the catch-up programs online.

If you can't stop taking drugs, drinking yourself into oblivion, or gambling your life away, don't worry, it's not your fault: you suffer from the disease called addiction. We're a society addicted to the idea of addiction. But is there any convincing evidence for this belief?

In the first of a four part series for BBC TWO, clinical psychologist Dr Tanya Byron hears controversial views from those who believe we are in danger of absolving weak and selfish people from taking responsibility for their own choices. Should we believe someone who says they're a sex addict, or the teenager who claims to be addicted to video games? Tanya examines some unconventional treatments available for addiction and seeks to uncover if they have any scientific credibility. Contains scenes of drug use.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Cheers Hippie,
    I'll definately be watching that, I had seen it advertised but forgot about it so nice one, thanks.

xx
    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
    There's fire in your eyes,
    Bite me, excite me,
    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
    Brings eternal flame.
    Open me to heaven,
    To heal me again.

Comment

hippie - if you know the link site tomorrow - could you post it? This should be very interesting.
      Thanks
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thanks Hippie for the reminder ........
        sigpicXXX

Comment

I missed it ,damn...was it good? I will watch part 2 next week.

Comment

For anyone who didn't see it last night here is the link for the program on the BBC website.

It's only on catch up for 1 week so you only have 6 days left to view it if you want to.

I'll post my comments later as I did watch it last night!!

BBC iPlayer - Am I Normal?

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
            X