Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the point

SK8R,

3 months is incredible. You should be so proud of your self. Not feeling the guilt and shame of the slip. THAT is exactly what that bastard AL wants...get you low again, and within reach of his greedy clutches. Don't allow that to happen. Focus on your 3 months....and move forward. Love yourself, and be kind. You are human...you are allowed to make a mistake (slip)...forgive yourself, and get back on the AF horse!!!!!

lots of love and hugs,:h:h :l:l
    K
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Whats the point

Hey SK8R

You know, I slipped too after 18 months...and felt like such a loser, and struggled all over again with the guilt and the feelings of failure. I let it continue for over a year until I was facing a full on relapse. But, I'm back because I did it once and that means I can do it again. Maybe you can look at it as a reminder of what you want to be rid of, and use it to reaffirm your resolve to be AF and be in control.

I believe in you
      nj

Comment

Whats the point

I think you're pretty good at sobriety. But darn, you excel in beating yourself up! Give yourself credit for what you have accomplished. Polish up those skates and get back on the ice. Learn what you can from this slip. You can do it.

:l :l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Whats the point

Young

Aren't we truly excellent at beating ourselves up and juding ourselves without mercy. Great post.

Myra

Comment

Whats the point

i gave u my mobile no we have pmd a lot luv jay

Comment

Whats the point

I have so much admiration to you for acomplishing three months of freedom from alcoholism~hell.
              Thank You for inspiring me here in my place of keeping the faith.

K
              :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Whats the point

SK8!

Wow 3 months! Ok one slip. Jeez, don't give up now! and don't look back! you did those 90 days, keep them and add to them. it is the only real way to do this!

90 days is not slouching matter! Congratulations ! on making 90. so, now head to 120..it's only 30 days away.

See you there!

BHOG
                War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Whats the point

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support. Back from an AA meeting tonight, not a good one for me, way too heavy. So nice to come back to find new responses from my "non judgemental" group of friends at MWO.
                  Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Working...
                  X