Hepatitis A B C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hepatitis A B C

My IV drug user brother, just spent time at our home with his children and then I found out that he has hepatitis.I asked him A?B?orC? He said that he was just in the hospital for a Biopsy.He thinks he may have all 3.Is that possible?I know that A and sometimes B are fairly tranferable to others,in this case possible to dozens of people.He helped me make food for a whole Church full of people.His X called me to tell me that she knew he had Hepatitis and that he had just been in the hospital for a biopsy.I knew none of this until after he left.All ideas that any of you have about what to do, would be very helpful. As a minister I often visit people in ICU.Do I dare do that now? He will not talk to me about it and is very angry that I found out.I am afraid I have put others at risk.I have no Idea how to handle this.I need good advise Evie
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Hepatitis A B C

I am no MD but I believe hep is usually spread by contact with body fluids - blood, semen etc. So fairly close contact.

If you are worried about yourself you can go for a simple test to find out.

Comment

Hepatitis A B C

Here is a useful link;

Hepatitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically you need to have exchanged body fluids to get it. Drs and Paramedics to have to be careful and often have a Hep B immunisation.

Comment

Hepatitis A B C

Evie--I personally think you have every reason to be concerned. I don't have much advice except do what you can to find out what exactly your brother has, and get all the information you can about it!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hepatitis A B C

One of them is transferred through food handling. If he is mad and won't talk then you will just need to go see a Doc and get a complete hepatitis blood profile drawn. I just did one and was fine, I hope you are too. In the meantime, if he isn't talking I wouldn't have him near food prep for others. I hope everything turns out fine.
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Hepatitis A B C

One of them can be transferred by food prep, how I am not sure. I would be slightly concerned. Get yourself checked. I know resturuants that find out one of their kitchen help has hep, has to publicly announce it, and state the dates recently worked so people who ate there can get tested if they wish. For your safety and those you help, please look into this further. Not to alarm you...but it is always better safe than sorry.

hugs,
            K
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hepatitis A B C

Hep A is transmitted via contact with contaminated fecal matter. IE someone not washing their hands properly after using the restroom. This is the easiest one to catch. This one can be transmitted via food prep.

Hep B is transmitted via body fluids: blood, semen, saliva, breast milk. Hep B is easily transmitted by unprotected sex.

Hep C is the hardest to transmit/catch and also the hardest to treat. It is only transmitted via blood.

I would suggest being tested. While there isn't much chance you caught Hep C from him unless you were sharing needles or personal items such as nail clippers and razors, as long as you are getting tested for the other 2, get tested for C also.

I know there is an incubation period when you may not yet test positive even though you were exposed. I think somewhere from 3 - 6 months, I'm not positive on this though.
              Marcie

Comment

Hepatitis A B C

And yes it is possible to have all 3.
                Marcie

Comment

Working...
                X