Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choice or compulsion?

recently
    my threapist siad its up to you if you drink , thats all fair in love and war etc but she hasnt been there ,im definatly aware of my postives etc as she continually points out
    basically im a binge or spree drinker i can go a longtime without drinking then whoom im back on it again thats why i cant get detox because im psycholoigally addicted not physically dependent
    even tho wheni do drink i twitch around
    i think one reaches the point when its up to oneself , nothing outside oneself can help its only self awareness and the recognition of ones own soul/being
    but like a lot of people who do drink there are a lot of emotions etc deeply inherent in us which cant come out
    thats why thankfully im going into group psychoptherapy after a 13 months waiting list
    like my old keyworker once siad
    jay its all very well to take anti alcohol drugs but your addictions lies in your own psychic make up
    and i guess he is right
    i cant attend day detox etc asi care for my mother etc
    also my travel pass was taken away from me due to the lack of council funding but thats life
    spiritually i have my own values , and they help thats why i cant stand the pseudo bullshit of aa
    even tho i know itworks for some people and good luck to them
    every one has to find thier own way
    and once discovered work on it even though it may not be acceptable to the majority of herd values
    im determined to finally leave booze behind
    i know i can do it im worth a lot more than soakiing in myown tears
    i have my ways ..
    i wish everyone luck on thier own journey
    thank you
    jay

choice or compulsion?

well, you took my breath away. you said it all jay. best to you.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

choice or compulsion?

[QUOTE=jay42;311582]recently

i think one reaches the point when its up to oneself , nothing outside oneself can help its only self awareness and the recognition of ones own soul/being
      but like a lot of people who do drink there are a lot of emotions etc deeply inherent in us which cant come out
      thats why thankfully im going into group psychoptherapy after a 13 months waiting list

Hi Jay,
      Reading between your lines your right it is up to one self. There comes a point where i've realize that if you really want this you have to work hard at it to make it happen, and it comes from deep down inside.
      I'm to thankfully that you are going group psychoptherapy and that you are determined to finally leave booze behind you.
      Wishing you luck on your journey because you are worth it!

love

Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
      X