Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Thursday

Today's thought is:

Choice of attention - to pay attention to this and ignore that - is to the inner life what choice of action is to the outer. In both cases, a man is responsible for his choice and must accept the consequences.
    --W. H. Auden

Many of us have said, "I can't help myself!" when we tried to stop our constant thinking about other people or their behavior. "I know it's not good for me, but what can I do when they keep acting that way?"

Let us think of ourselves as living in a house with many windows. At each window is a different view, and within each view are many things to catch our attention -- perhaps there are some people, some traffic, some buildings, a horizon, and some trees. If we always go to the same window and focus on the same object, we are not using all our choices. We may have overlooked some things in our lives that need attention. There are many things we are totally powerless over. Our power exists in changing the focus of our attention.

Today, I will notice where I am choosing to pay attention. I pray for guidance in being aware of my options.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

ok today i choose to go to work . because if i dont i will be broke.
    there for .to be or not to be that is the questions
    have an awesome day everyone
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

oh, I really love this one.

Comment

Today I choose to focus on only what is positive, and ignore the negative.

Good one today No L

HUgs,
        K
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
        X